atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ham Polycom 5000 Dropping on SV8100 - 08/15/17 02:13 PM
Hi guys its been a while since Ive been on here, does any one have any suggestions for a Polycom 5000 dropping calls after any where from 40 minutes to and Hour, I adjusted the NAT Keep Alive timer within the phone and still having an issue, I have another Site with the same 9,5 Firmware and Model of IP phone with No Issues, CO is not dropping any calls for any other users that use Polycom Analog Sets or DT700 Phones
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Polycom 5000 Dropping on SV8100 - 08/15/17 02:17 PM
You will need to use wireshark probably. Sounds to me like a network issue or power related. I would check how much power you are drawing from the switch.
Posted By: Ham Re: Polycom 5000 Dropping on SV8100 - 08/15/17 02:21 PM
I failed to mention this is on a UPS and there is only 4 Phones on this Switch, its in a remote Building using Fiber , I will fire up Wireshark but we are going to need both sides right?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Polycom 5000 Dropping on SV8100 - 08/15/17 06:06 PM
Yep. You also should check that that switch is not going into some power saving mode. OR that UPS isn't failing. Check you DHCP scopes also to make sure something isn't grabbing an IP somewhere that shouldn't be. It's possible the phone is just bad. You might want to stick in on the local LAN to see if it does it there also.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help