atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: oobie SL2100 Transfer - 04/22/24 02:55 PM
I have a site where they direct calls through to the front desk and then she transfers out. When she hits Transfer dials the extension listens for a ring back and then hangs up, it rings to the phone she transferred but then ultimately rings back to her instead of going to that ext. voicemail.

Voicemail is enabled on the extensions she is transferring to. I call into auto attendant and dial ext. directly and if not answered it goes to VM correctly.

Is there some new setting for transfer in the SL2100 programming that I didn't know about.

TIA

Gary
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: SL2100 Transfer - 04/23/24 03:45 PM
I don't know the system but it sounds like it is performing a Supervised transfer. An Unsupervised transfer would then follow the path set to where the receiving extension tells it to go...VM, perhaps.
Posted By: dans Re: SL2100 Transfer - 04/24/24 12:03 PM
You need to look at program 24-09, sounds like it's not set for some or all extensions. The reason AA transferred your call to the user's mailbox on no answer is because of transfer recall, (AA being the extension transferring the call.)

There is no reason for anyone to wait for ring back to complete transferring calls. If there is a DSS key, while on the call press the DSS key and hang up. If no DSS key press the transfer key, dial extension, hang up. To transfer directly to the user voicemail, follow the same procedure but press 8 on the keypad afterwards and hang up, (8 has the letter V for voicemail)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help