atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steve Mull Remote access via dialup - 03/19/12 12:28 PM
I have a PC that doesn't have internet access, Is there any type of program that will work with dialup to have access to this computer, like RDP via dialup ??
Posted By: TheRealAndyCook Re: Remote access via dialup - 03/19/12 07:26 PM
I believe with window 2k3 server standard edition you can set up a dialup/dialin/remote server, but I'm not aware of any standalone software.

I'm sure there is tho.
Posted By: tito1411 Re: Remote access via dialup - 03/20/12 05:26 AM
PC Anywhere is what we've commonly used in the past. It works well for dial up and you can get it pretty cheap on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Software-/18793/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pc+anywhere
Posted By: SST Re: Remote access via dialup - 03/20/12 03:47 PM
I used to us a y2k pro pc for dial in access. It's been a long time. without pulling old notes, my memory may be failing me but I recall that it was not that difficult. You set up an ad-hoc interface so when you dial in to the modem you will get an IP address and be able to access anything on the LAN.
Posted By: kenc Re: Remote access via dialup - 03/23/12 04:44 AM
UntraVNC works fine via dialup
https://www.uvnc.com/index.php

Did I mention it's free?
Posted By: TheRealAndyCook Re: Remote access via dialup - 03/23/12 02:25 PM
Sorry, Do you HAVE a dialup connection? ie speed is the limitation?

Or did you have no ISP for the location and wanted to CREATE a dialin server?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Remote access via dialup - 03/23/12 06:06 PM
I need to be able to access a computer that doesnt have internet , so I need to be able to dial into it via a phone line. Someone seemed to think you could do it with ProCom Plus
Posted By: Z-man Re: Remote access via dialup - 04/02/12 05:21 PM
Yes you can. Also with PC Anywhere, although the older versions actually might work better. What operating system?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Remote access via dialup - 04/03/12 12:00 PM
Windows 7 on the PC I would be dialing into.
Posted By: Dustin Owens Re: Remote access via dialup - 05/11/12 01:36 PM
a Free Solution would be to setup the modem to auto answer calls, and to act as a DHCP Server, to connect the caller to the Server, and configure the Remote Desktop Users to allow a local user to login.

Though PC Anywhere was designed to simplify this process and optimize the connection for a remote desktop over modem.
Posted By: nameless Re: Remote access via dialup - 06/29/12 06:39 AM
This is built into windows, can't remember howto do it exactly (was 6 or so years ago i did this under windows xp)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help