atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: brakoragroover 3503 handset station on a 816x KSU - 08/01/02 04:10 PM
At our business, we have a Comdial Executech 816x KSU w/ an earlier model Comdial 3503 handset stations w/ three buttons for the outside phone lines. All of our technical literature is based on programming an 816x KSU w/ a handset station that has 6 or 8 outline buttons. My question to you is what is the programming procedure to use while going into the station programming mode for the Comdial 3503 handset phone? The programming procedure for the 8-LINE handset model 816 is ITCM *746*. When I try that on the 3503 model I get a busy signal. Can you help? Thank you.

[This message has been edited by brakoragroover (edited August 02, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by brakoragroover (edited August 02, 2002).]
Posted By: dtmf Re: 3503 handset station on a 816x KSU - 08/01/02 05:10 PM
You can only enter that code at station 10, that is the programming station. And you should use a 8line phone for the 816, you can however program the 3line phone as long as it's on another station port other then ten. To do this you would:
1 Intercom*746*
2 enter station 11-25
3 Then follow the station cos chart
4 * Mon/Spk to end

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 01, 2002).]
Thank you for your reply. But, I can't seem to be able to "station" program with three (3) of my 3-line phones (all of my phone units are 3-line 3503models). When I punch Intercom*746* on these phone units at stations 11, 15 & 16, I get a busy signal. I need to designate Button-2 for my prime incoming line. The secondary phone line is already programmed for Button-3 on the handset units. (We only have two phone lines w/ our phone network. B-1 has been disabled thru-out the network in the KSU.) Can you give me some insight on how I can program these three (3)units to accept B-2 as the primary incoming line like my other 3-line phone units? Thank you for your help.
Posted By: dtmf Re: 3503 handset station on a 816x KSU - 08/02/02 07:20 AM
Thats because you can't use the Intercom*746* at those stations you program them from station 10, Station 10 is the programming station for the system, so all system, line ,station cos is done from 10.
At Station 10
1 Press (ITCM)*746*
2 Dial station number to be programmed
3 Press B1-B3 for prime line
4 Press 1 for ringing line pref.
5 Press 2 then B1-B3 for line ringing
6 Press * and repeat from step 2 for next station to be programmed or Press Monitor to end programming.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 02, 2002).]
Dear Moderator:

The help that you gave us in August was fantastic and much appreciated, but we’re running into another issue. Again our system configuration is a Comdial 816x Executech KSU w/ 3503 handsets. We have two phone lines (without roll-over capability) going into the system with seven station locations, all with 3503 handsets. The station names are as follows: Key S-10, S-11, S-12, S-14, S-15, S-17 & S-24.

Our problems started when an electrical strike knocked out the first line a few years back. At that time, the business only needed four stations working so when the phone repair man came to fix the problem, he fixed the line problem by moving line 1 to coincide with button two (B-2) and line 2 to coincide w/ button three (B-3). He only updated the following stations: S-10, S14, S-17 & S-24 and again, because that’s all that the business needed at the time.

When I used your suggested reply by programming our add-on stations with the key S-10. I programmed S-11, 12 & 15’s handset button B-2 to be the ringing line preference and B-3 to be direct ringing assignment (See your prior reply). So these stations would only have to have the handset picked up to answer line 1 – thus, it would automatically go to line 1 and Button 2 would light upwhile the handset was picked up. But with these stations, the problem lies where B-2 button cannot be pushed to go onto line 1. When someone answers line 1 and puts the line on ITCM hold and tells the attendant at any of these stations to pickup line 1, they cannot. Yet, B-3 button on these units can be pushed to go on line 2. Also w/ Stations 10, 14, 17 & 24, both B-2 and B-3 buttons can be pushed to coincide, respectively, with line 1 and 2.

Is there any in-sight that you can give me that can fix this problem? I’ve tried to program these stations by a key assignment routine with pressing the “7” and then the (B1-B3). That didn’t work. I also tried to clear the access denied routine for these units by pressing key “4” and that also did not work

Your time and expertise would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Posted By: dtmf Re: 3503 handset station on a 816x KSU - 10/30/02 05:34 PM
Check your button mapping on those sets.
Expound a little bit ........... how do you check your button map? What do you do?
Posted By: dtmf Re: 3503 handset station on a 816x KSU - 10/30/02 07:48 PM
Try and swap the phones and see if the problem follows the phone or stays at the port. You might have some bad phones, Those older Comdial phones are famous for having buttons go out as they get older. Also if the phone has a hum on it that is also a sign that the base is going bad.
You can also program those ports to go to default by.

Intercome *746*
dial station number
monitor

That will default the station and then you can see if your lines come up on B2 B3 if that is where the tech put them. If they come up on different buttons then that means that he did some button mapping.
I can fax you the Station COS program chart if you like.

By the way Ringing Line Pref. is not for one line, if you give it to a station then that means that you can answer any ringing line on that phone. You still have to assign Direct or Delayed ringing to the station to have Ringing Line Pref. work at all.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited October 30, 2002).]
Hello dtmf:
I think it's in the button mapping ........... we already tried switching the phone units and all of the phones worked correctly on the working station ports. If you could fax that COS station program chart that would be much appreciated. Our fax number is 863.294.4758. Again, thank you for your time and insight.
Posted By: dtmf Re: 3503 handset station on a 816x KSU - 10/31/02 06:33 AM
Check your fax, It should be there.
Good luck
Got the fax ......... you've been real helpful. Thank you again!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help