atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chuck Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 09/09/03 05:46 AM
We have an old VVP voice mail system (Ver. 8.2) that sometimes doesn't start in the morning. When the customer comes in, the screen will display "General Failure Reading Drive C, Abort, Retry, Fail". What does the system do overnight? I'm thinking it exits to DOS to defrag or something, but I can't find any commands to do this. If I restart the system in the daytime I can't get it to fail! Thanks, guys.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 09/09/03 07:54 AM
I would do a SCANDISK or CHKDSK, also look in the error messages to see if you can spot the problem.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 09/09/03 05:18 PM
There is an option for the system to exit to DOS at a pre-determined time. And there are some batch files that are supposed to run.

It is in the general information screen.

As DTMF said check your hard drive, it may be going bad. (All hard drives will fail you just don't know when....)

DJ
Posted By: chuck Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 09/10/03 01:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I was looking for! Thanks. By the way, this hard drive DOES have bad clusters, but we thought that scandisk/fix would solve our problems. We reloaded the VM system from floppies and hoped we would live happily ever after but still have that restart problems. Thanks again.
Posted By: bspargo Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 11/16/16 12:32 AM
Our Key Voice VM hard drive failed. Although we have some of the files backed up (I think I have the VM folders intact) but starting the rmail application freezes every time.
I cannot find the installation diskettes - is there anyplace they can be downloaded from? I assume this is a serial/key protected software so I assume I just need to find my key file and I'd be all set?

Our version runs on DOS 6.2 - how do I tell what version that is if it won't run?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 11/16/16 12:42 AM
You'll need the good copy of DOS 6.2, good copy of the Key Voice mail installation batch and the appropriate serial key dongle. Unsure what the rmail application is...
Posted By: bspargo Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 11/16/16 02:49 PM
I have 6.2 and the dongle.
Somewhat messed up files from the VM but mostly there and recoverable I think. How would I get the Key Voice mail installation? That's what I cannot find. We got it back in the late 90s and it has run great for us... back in 2006 we had a flood at the building and alot of things like archived diskettes, etc went. So I think I do not have the originals anywhere.
rmail.exe is in the VM folder which appears to be the actual executable of the Key Voice software?
Posted By: bspargo Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 11/16/16 06:57 PM
I feel like Dr Frankenstein. I have made it ALIVE again. VVP 8.2, licensed with dongle. Do you think there is a download anywhere for disk images to keep as an archive in our cabinet for the next time we have a heart attack?
Posted By: compu_85 Re: Small Office VVP Voice Mail - 12/05/16 05:36 PM
I'd use something to make a copy of the disk in the system now, like Symantec Ghost or Clonezilla. Easier to pop a working image back on then have to set up the auto attendant, etc again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help