atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Antonio@AWC How do i change the name on the phone? - 06/01/05 09:21 AM
I have a Comdial 7260 DX80 phone.

I started working here like 2 months ago and the name of the last guy is still on the display.... im begginning to sign documents using his name... lol.

anyways, does anyone know how to change the display name?

thanks!
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: How do i change the name on the phone? - 06/01/05 10:53 AM
There is a proceedure to program/change the display name of the set from a digital phone. You have to enter database administration to do this. Do you have a person there that is incharge of maintaining your phone system?
OH i see. i cannot do this on the phone myself then...
Posted By: capitol Re: How do i change the name on the phone? - 06/01/05 12:15 PM
Once you enter the DataBase Admin. Goto program 04-05.

------------------
| Capitol Communications | Telephone Systems
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: How do i change the name on the phone? - 06/01/05 12:23 PM
Well, you can---but you need the programming procedure, a password, and the program number to change the extension name. Someone at your company is probably designated to do those things, or else your vendor does it. I have modems on all the DX-80s that I maintain, so it's a quick modem call after hours, and I'm done. It makes it easy on me and my customers.
Good Luck.
okey i sent an email to the general manager. i thought i could do this on my phone but apparently i need privileges. thanks for all the help guys.

Antonio
Okey i contacted the mgr. and she forwarded the email to the phone people... They sent me an email with the following:

-Press feature # * then enter the password which is XXX by default

-Press show

-Input 04-05 followed by your extension number

-Press change

-Input the new name

-Press the volume up or down to exit the programming

I tried the procedure but after i type 04-05-103 and then i press change and i cannot type the name... if i type 2 to get to A or B it wont go. it just goes 2 or nothing.

argh. Elp!

[This message has been edited by Antonio@AWC (edited June 02, 2005).]
okey i figured it out. he was missing a few steps i added just in case someone needs this someday and happens to run a search on the site...

1. Press feature # * then enter the password which is XXX by default.

2. Press show.

3. Input 04-05 followed by your extension number.

4. Press SAVE

5. Then shows the current name

6. Press Change

7. Input the new name

8. Press Save

9. Press On/Off to exit programming.

[This message has been edited by Antonio@AWC (edited June 02, 2005).]
to those who email me with answers i would like to thank you for helping me out. I went ahead and changed the name on my phone as well as the phones of other newbies around the office. then gave the instructions to the office manager and she was so impressed she almost fell off her chair! haha Extra Brownie Points ka-ching!

thanks again!
Posted By: nonameyet Re: How do i change the name on the phone? - 06/09/05 06:08 PM
"to those who email me with answers i would like to thank you for helping me out. I went ahead and changed the name on my phone as well as the phones of other newbies around the office. then gave the instructions to the office manager and she was so impressed she almost fell off her chair! haha Extra Brownie Points ka-ching! "

Keep it up and She'l have you doing Maintence and Service Too!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help