atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous centrex message waiting - 04/05/06 10:52 AM
Does anyone know if the DX-80 supports centrex message waiting. I have a client who wants the phone system to let him know when he has a message waiting from his phone company. He is going to use network telephone and wants the DX-80 to show him when he has a voice mail with network telephone. Thanks,
Posted By: tampasteve Re: centrex message waiting - 04/05/06 01:00 PM
My advice: Have him lease a real voice mail system. The DX-80 has a great flash voice mail that is very cost effective. Honestly, for the cost of the centrex service he could own a in house voice mail in about 2 years, and it is WAY better than anything that the telephone company is going to provide by that service.

Steve
Posted By: Mark K. Re: centrex message waiting - 04/05/06 02:09 PM
Originally posted by bhgewilson:
Does anyone know if the DX-80 supports centrex message waiting. I have a client who wants the phone system to let him know when he has a message waiting from his phone company. He is going to use network telephone and wants the DX-80 to show him when he has a voice mail with network telephone. Thanks,
Only in that it will let you hear a stutter dial tone. Centrex cannot generate a message waiting lamp on the phone(s). Not sure what you mean by network phone?? I'm guessing you mean a DX80 phone on the system and your a network guy not a phone guy. The DX80 Flash voicemail is the better choice in my opinion.
Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help