atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: redskin1948 Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/20/07 01:38 PM
I have a new customer wanting to add (1) ext to existing system. It is a 3-digit ext . Last ext is 124 or 126 . Is there room to add 1 additional ext without and additional card?

Thanks,

redskin1948
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/20/07 01:50 PM
If it's an DSUII Impact System, it doesn't use "cards", and what you need depends on what size system you already have, and if it has any unused ports. Have you even gone to look at this system yet? It sounds like your question is premature, or, incorrectly worded.
Mark
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/20/07 08:31 PM
The system, by default, was a 2-digit system, assuming it's a (flat on the wall) DSU or DSU II. If it's either of those, and the extensions were changed to 3-digit, it really depends on what extension they started at, if they skipped any numbers, if they went in order, and what the base capacity is. It would also help to know whether there are any expansion cartridges.

Assumptions:

If it's a DSU or DSUII, and they started at 100, with no gaps, a 408 configuration would give you 100-107 (10-17); a 816 configuration would be 100-115 (10-25); and 1632 configuration would be 100-131 (10-41). Expansion cartridges came in 408 (4 C.O. ports, 8 digital ports) and 008 (8 analog ports). Depending on the base cabinet, either 1 or 2 expansions could be added.

If it's NOT a DSU or DSUII, there are a lot more assumptions to be made, unless you can provide additional information.
Posted By: RUSS K. Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/21/07 05:57 PM
I beg to differ 5years&counting. The DSU and DSUII extension numbers were 2 digit by default, and started at 10. When we changed them to 3 digit in programming, we always (usually) changed them to 110 - 1?? depending on the system size.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/21/07 06:18 PM
What are you begging to differ on? I said it was a 2-digit by default. What the numbers are changed to when going to 3-digit varies by installer. I said IF...they started at 100...

So where did I go wrong?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/21/07 06:23 PM
Russ
5y&c's opening statment is that it is 2 digit by default. The 3 digit 100 range was just an example of what could be programmed.
There really is no reason for us to continue to speculate on this matter until Redskin tells us which impact system he has.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/21/07 08:49 PM
Throughout all of this thread you all seem to have forgotten that Impact is a phone. If your customer tells you 3 digit Impact it could be that it wasn't renumbered but a ......DXP.

Just a thought.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/21/07 09:06 PM
Yes, but I believe the Impact 24, 48, and 72 referred to the DSUII. However, you do make a good point. I assumed the reference to Impact was from the system, not from looking at the label on the phone. Good catch.

Still waiting to hear back from redskin1948. I think if we don't hear anything, we should just let this one die. We're now just going back and forth about semantics, since we can't address anything more about the question without more information being provided by redskin1948.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Comdial Impact Sys Expansion - 03/22/07 05:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Carl Navarro:
[QB] Throughout all of this thread you all seem to have forgotten that Impact is a phone.

Carl, we haven't forgotten anything the name Inmpact was used on more than just phones.
Redskin is refering to the KSU.
5Y&C is right about the DSUII Impact,There was also an Impact 224 (DXP) and Impact 480 (DXP-plus).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help