atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: knucklehead4x FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:13 PM
This has been an ongoing problem, but have had no success correcting. This is installed in a very small office, about 10-15 users. They keep getting messages in there inbox that are just hang-ups or error tone(fast beep) or CO message saying "if you'd like to make a call please hang up and try again". I had written off the hang-ups as just that, hang-ups, but I'm starting to think they are part of the symptoms.
It sounded to me like the key voice was dialing an extension then getting an outside line and by the time the extension went to voice mail the outside line was at its error tone, or "if you like to make a call...." message.
I set all ports of v-mail to have no oustide line access (since integration is serial this should not effect performance.....right), but this did not solve problem.
I probably made this a lot more confusing than it should be. Sorry.
Oh and there's one more thing. I was watching the line status screen once and the voice mail sys was going into box 106 on two or three lines at once. Then one would hang up and pick back up and do it again. Shortly after she had 4 phony messages.
The next step for me in my small brain is nuclear. 86 the whole system f-disk the hard drive and reload the software. This wont be hard to do since it's so small, but I wanted to run it by you guys first to see if I'm totally off base.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Casey Franks
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:20 PM
Check your lines for disconnect supervision first. Lack of this will result in exactly what you posting. What are your seconds of silence and nonsilence set to? What is your system setup up to do if no digits dialed? Should be pretty easy to pin down with the trace program and looking at the three afore mentioned tips.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:38 PM
I'll check
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:41 PM
I have disconnect supervision turned off on all lines.
Should I have it on?
Posted By: jwooten Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:47 PM
Yes!
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:49 PM
I'm at a different site right now. I'm looking at the fxii database that's saved to my laptop, but I will have to look at the keyvoice tomorrow when I get back to the other site.
I think the silence and non silence are set to 4.
I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:54 PM
I thought disconnect supervision worked with the central office, depending on their settings.
yes. no. maybe so.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/01/09 02:59 PM
The CO will provide disconnect supervision if it is programmed on your lines. The FXII lines must have disconnect supervision set to yes in order for the voicemail to release correctly.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/02/09 07:37 AM
I didn't know that, thanks.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/14/09 10:43 AM
Turned disconnect supervision on, and all appears to be well now. Thank you so much. I have had other problems in the past that I had no explanation for that I think will also be cured because of this.
The problem I have had in the past was our secretary would take a call and when she would hang up, her phone would not ring for the next call or two. I figured out that the phone switch was not dissconnecting the line, but I didn't know why.

Thanks guys
Casey
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/14/09 12:27 PM
Good deal. Thanks for checking back and letting us know. :thumb:
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 09/14/09 08:01 PM
Are you the Casey who used to work in Visalia?

Justin
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/20/09 01:47 PM
Hey Justin,
Yes, I'm the one. I now work for Sierra Unified School District.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/20/09 01:59 PM
Hey guys, it's back....maybe.
Well things seemed to be all well for a couple of weeks. Then one of the ladies in the office e-mailed me to say she got back from lunch to about six messages (that's a lot for her in one hour). Of these, only two were actually people. The others were dead air or the error tone. I (and she) hesitate to call this a problem because I know some people wont "talk to a machine", so they hang up. That would explain the dead air, but what about the error tone? Sence then, the dead air and error tone messages are intermittent.
Do I have further problems with my programing, or is everything working as it should?
Thanks
Casey
Posted By: jwooten Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/20/09 03:27 PM
Your dead air and/or error tone are still indicative of a disconnect supervision issue from your carrier. You need to test each trunk!
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/20/09 07:08 PM
Casey, is the error tone from the carrier?

Justin
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/22/09 09:46 AM
Well Justin, I have always assumed the error tone was from the carrier.
I have called my cell from the co's and then hung up my cell. I stayed on the co and it was dead air for a time, then it went to the message "if you'd like to make a call....", then it went to error tone(fast busy). So I assumed that's what I was hearing on the messages. Is there another way to test this since I only get to listen to the message after the fact, and not during the recording? I know the Comdial will throw an error tone similar to this, how do I tell the difference?

And in response to jwooten, I'm not sure how disconnet supervision is supposed to work. Could you give me a picture of what is supposed to be happening so I can try to figure out why it's not?

Thanks for your responses

Casey Franks
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/26/09 02:19 PM
Can anyone help?
Posted By: jwooten Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/27/09 02:32 PM
You're making the calls in the wrong direction! You need to call each of your trunks, while monitoring, let the AA or voicemail answer then hang up the inbound call. Your open loop should be "sensed" and the AA/vm port should disconnect. I have seen where the disconnect or open loop was so fast, the trunk returned to dial tone. Almost always these trunks were provided by IP pair gain equipment. You can have a facility provided with both IP and standard pair gain equipment.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 10/28/09 12:24 PM
Thanks Jim, I'll check that and get back to you.

Casey
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/02/09 02:37 PM
OK so here's the latest.
I called each trunk individually and hung up while voice mail was talking. The first six lines disconnected within 6 seconds of me hanging up. The last two lines went about 30 seconds before releasing.
The only thing that I found different in programing is the last two lines each have a line voice mail ID.
All lines have disconnect supervision set to yes.
Still not sure what to make of it.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/05/09 10:21 AM
Any ideas?
Posted By: jwooten Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/05/09 01:09 PM
Which vm? Analog or digital boards?
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/05/09 01:48 PM
Digital.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/09/09 11:04 AM
I only have digital boards on this phone system.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/09/09 06:56 PM
I still think this is a disconnect supervision issue, maybe specifically on those last 2 trunks.

What version of voicemail are you using?

Another way to test your disconnect supervision is to abandon a call while on hold. Not exactly the same, but should tell you if you're getting the disconnect from the carrier.

I also suspect another option as there may be something off with your seconds of silence/non-silence and minimum message length settings. What are those set to?

Justin
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/12/09 11:19 AM
My seconds of silence/non-silence are both set to 4.

Disconnect supervision is set to yes on all 8 lines.
I don't think this has anything to do with it, but, disconnect notification is set to no for all stations. Even voice mail. Is this right?

Casey
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/13/09 08:37 AM
My voice mail version is 8.5
I called the last two lines from my cell phone and then placed the lines on hold. Line 7 held on for about 30 seconds before releasing. Line 8 held on for about 15 seconds before releasing. I called it back again and this time it took 30 seconds before releasing.
Does this help?
Posted By: RUSS K. Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/13/09 06:02 PM
I had one of these very similar problem several years ago. It was a DX80 w/VM, but same problem. 2 of the lines disconnected the way they should, but 2 wouldn't disconnect reliably.

Went through all the possible scenarios, calling the line, getting put on hold, then hanging up from the distant end, system would either take forever to release or wouldn't release at all.

Called the CO to verify that CO disconnect was on the lines. They told me it was. Turned out that 2 of the lines were served by one switch and the other 2 were served by a different switch. Each switches timings were different. I could make the symptoms reverse lines by changing the timing in the DX80. Took some doing, but since I personally know the guys running the switch, I got them to put all the lines into the same switch to get the same timings, voila problem disappeared.

You may be up against a similar problem, and with an FXII, you can set each line different (50 or 300 ms) CO disconnect times. Might be worth a shot.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/14/09 12:49 PM
Check your settings on the C.O. ports, as Russ suggested. Also, check what your minimum message length is set to.

DO NOT touch the Disconnect Notification setting. This bit me one time, and never again. It's my understanding that is was there only for use with Comdial's proprietary Air Impact wireless phones (not the Scout or Scout II), and should not be used for anything else. Make sure this setting remains disabled. This would be a station setting, not a C.O. port setting. The C.O. port setting (Disconnect Supervision) should remain turned on, as you indicated it was.

Justin
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/16/09 01:12 PM
Ok guys, thanks
I will find out my minimum message length.

The timing function is called "Abandon Hold Realease" correct?
In this setting I have two choices, 350ms, or 50ms. All of my lines are set to 350ms now. I will call my CO and check their end.
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/16/09 03:23 PM
Hey Justin,
I can't find minimum message length. Sorry.
Is it called something else? Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. I can find max message length, but not minimum.
Casey
Posted By: knucklehead4x Re: FXII with KeyVoice - 11/20/09 01:43 PM
Hey guys,
I think we've got it!
I checked with the CO and six of my lines had a different release signal than the two that were hanging on. The tech changed the timing to match the other six. I went over to the office today to test the lines and they both disconnected withen five seconds. I tested both many times and different ways, and they worked great each time.
Thank you guys so much for your support. I will keep you posted if it comes back.
Casey Franks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help