atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jack Salvadore DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/13/12 01:35 PM
I am working on a DX120, probably the last one sold before Comdial folded. I need the PC-DBA software but cannot find a source for it. They want to make a lot of changes but I want to back everything up first. I did some changes on a DET but I'd prefer a backup before going on. Also, they have the inskin VM. I need to get into it and reset passwords and mailboxes. Or maybe re-init it. Does it work like the Tadiran and just uses a 9-25 cable?
Posted By: Jack Salvadore Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/23/12 04:37 PM
I'm bumping myself. I am hoping somebody can hook me up with the PC-DBA. There is practically nothing online. I also need to set up another AA in an inskin VM and I was wondering if that is done through Hyperterminal or does it use Keylink? I cannot find a manual for this VM anywhere, either. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/23/12 08:06 PM
Hi Jack,

You really should get in touch with a local Comdial tech. He can set you up with the software and do any changes you need. Like any system if you have not worked on it your going to find it very hard to program. You will get little if no support on line or from Vertical/Comdial unless you work with a dealer. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with it.

Jim
Posted By: Jack Salvadore Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/23/12 10:44 PM
The local Comdial tech overcharged a client of mine and did a horrible job. I ended up doing it all over myself. Since I found him they almost fired me as well. That kind of "help" I do not need. I cannot see rewarding him with another customer to plunder and pillage. I can do better. If I have to do it with a telset so be it.
Posted By: Skippy215 Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/24/12 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Jack Salvadore:
I am working on a DX120, probably the last one sold before Comdial folded. I need the PC-DBA software but cannot find a source for it. They want to make a lot of changes but I want to back everything up first. I did some changes on a DET but I'd prefer a backup before going on. Also, they have the inskin VM. I need to get into it and reset passwords and mailboxes. Or maybe re-init it. Does it work like the Tadiran and just uses a 9-25 cable?
Posted By: Skippy215 Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/24/12 11:48 AM
You can download from Vertical website if you are a registered tech.
Posted By: Jack Salvadore Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/24/12 12:00 PM
You kidding? I can't even sign for a user account. Their Web site is full of broken links.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/24/12 09:06 PM
PM Sent.
Posted By: Skippy215 Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/27/12 01:54 PM
I don't seem to have trouble donwloading anything from them. There site is quarky at times but once your in it's or. The PC-DBA is sent with every system you buy now I.E. SBX-IP or MBX-IP Hope it helps.
Posted By: Jack Salvadore Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/27/12 07:27 PM
I am still trying to sign up as a Vertical dealer.
Posted By: Jack Salvadore Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/29/12 10:07 AM
Followup: so I was able to make all the changes they wanted. Pretty big list. That took 30 minutes. Then I scratched my head for 2 hours because I had set up a UCD with one member. When I dialed the UCD I kept seeing "NO LEGAL: MEMBER" in the display. Finally it dawned on me. I was dialing the UCD from the extension member in the UCD. :toast:
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 PC-DBA software needed - 02/29/12 02:51 PM
If you had set that UCD to also overflow to that ext. and re-rout to 433, you would have gone to the mailbox for that ext. So long as the extension is to CF Busy or no answer I usually just use the no answer that way the phone user has a choice to put a call on hold and answer another or let it go to VM. So long as the extension is set to "busy ring allow". Man this crap gets complicated.
Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help