atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: maine phone man comdial dxp - 07/12/12 05:17 PM
went to a site today hotel with a comdial dxp 13b software
all single line 500 sets in rooms 1 comdial cordless digital port and a 24 button phone has key-voice for v mail , customer showed me a attendant Concierge users guide where there is a computer with 95 win to check in guests , there wasn't one on site but the 24 button phone had a row of buttons log in , check in , message , wake up calls manual check to push lo-gin button and other buttons would activate didn't work , anyone know what I'm talking about I didn't think dxp has hospitality features. I want to be able to set wake up call and messages form 24 button , also anyone know how to change main greetings on auto attendant thanks
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: comdial dxp - 07/12/12 05:36 PM
Somewhere on site WAS or may still be the Win95 PC that ran the Concierge hospitality add on. It tied to a serial port and was fairly advanced for the time period. The Key Voice runs the AA greetings and there is plenty of manuals and support for it still.
Posted By: maine phone man Re: comdial dxp - 07/12/12 05:52 PM
the guy that took over hotel says all they got is the 24 button phone can you do wake ups from the 24 button I saw key voice in basement looked like 70 might be the admin mb
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: comdial dxp - 07/12/12 06:12 PM
I still talk with the product manager for the Concierge line....I think he still has some of the PCs for maintenance of the systems. I'll email him to see if he can help out.
Posted By: maine phone man Re: comdial dxp - 07/12/12 06:26 PM
so the 24 button phone wont work with out pc
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: comdial dxp - 07/12/12 06:37 PM
That is correct.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: comdial dxp - 07/13/12 04:37 AM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
It tied to a serial port and was fairly advanced for the time period.
It would still be advanced for today, considering the price. However, most smaller hotels do not need all the features since most guests are just using their cell phones. The hotel managers I talk to think of the telephone system as a necessity rather than an income generator like they used to.

It really was a great system. We still support about 5 Concierge systems....replacing 2 this month though.

Steve
Posted By: maine phone man Re: comdial dxp - 07/14/12 11:31 AM
all this hotel wants is call accounting, wake up calls, phone on and off , I guess you need that pc with win95 for the 24 button with to those features to work
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help