atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: drj SLT port - 07/26/03 04:00 PM
Inherited an 816 plus system in my new location and would like to connect the answer machine (analog) to the unit. I have the tech manual. Can I set up a slt on sta. 7 or 8 and use this to connect? If so, how.

[This message has been edited by drj (edited July 26, 2003).]
Posted By: Cablegirls Re: SLT port - 07/26/03 06:18 PM
Hi- Yes you can use either station 27 or 28--check programming #38 to see if it is currently set up for slt should look like this 0000001100000000 the ones being your s.l. stations. If not you need to open up your cabinet and set the jumper pins j18? check your manual. Then go into programming #31 ext. trunk use, and make sure that station answers and dials the phone number you will be using for the fax. You will probably have to program your fax to dial a 9 first, as that is how the 816 s.l. stations grabs the outside line. You can test it by taking a regular phone after doing all of this, and testing it by first dialing a 9....Hope this helps. Good luck.
Posted By: Cablegirls Re: SLT port - 07/26/03 06:29 PM
Whoops-I just reread your question. All is the same for an ans. mach. except in #31 input every c.o. you have as a 3 ex.:33300000 would be 3 co's with the 0's still input or else it wont work. Do not worry about the system dial tone 9, as it does not apply here.
Posted By: drj Re: SLT port - 07/29/03 05:31 AM
Still trying to get it done. I've changed jumper pins to slt setting for stations 7 & 8. Set up trunks. And set slt dial type to 1s. Answer machine not picking up. I might try a different setting for dial type...no luck. any other thoughts?
Posted By: pvj Re: SLT port - 07/29/03 06:04 AM
Have you set up program #61,62 for the ringing assignment? If you still have problems,take a single line phone and plug it in place of the answering machine and make sure it works and that it rings on incoming calls etc.
Posted By: clgjr Re: SLT port - 08/10/03 07:54 PM
In my experience with 816's and I've installed alot, certain ans. mac. will just not work. Something to do with REN probably. Anyway do what PVJ said,try plugging a 2500 type phone in slt ports ,if it doesn't work check jumpers and programming. If it does work and there is dial tone and you can pick up outside ringing calls,then try another ans. mac.
By the way where did the system come from? WE may have installed it we are located in charlotte ,nc.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help