atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tasman4 reset tech passcode - 09/17/04 11:50 AM
if it is possible how do I set this. The tech that came in reset it on me to keep me out of the system.
is there anyway to reset this?
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 09/17/04 04:18 PM
You need the tech password to change it.The onlt way to do it without it is using the pcmmc program.
Posted By: tasman4 Re: reset tech passcode - 09/20/04 07:04 AM
I do have the pcmmc program. How would I reset it with that?
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 09/20/04 02:21 PM
Look under ecetera
keyset mmc

If your tech changed it to keep you out there may be a reason for that.If you are unsure of what you are doing you can cause more harm than good by messing around with certain areas of programming.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited September 20, 2004).]
Posted By: tasman4 Re: reset tech passcode - 09/21/04 06:32 AM
no I think the tech locked me out of the systm so that he could charge me a serivce charge everytime I need to change something minor. It cost me 40 bucks yesterday for something I could have easily done and have done before.
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 09/21/04 12:38 PM
Well if you use pcmmc you can seewhat the password is without changing it.
Posted By: Oz Re: reset tech passcode - 10/02/04 02:20 AM
> You need the tech password to change it.The > onlt way to do it without it is using the > pcmmc program.

Nope, there is a way to do it with just a handset. Its quite easy actually
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 10/02/04 06:30 AM
Oz,
I have never seen a way to change the tech passcode using the handset without knowing the tech passcode.If you like you can email me through my profile with what you have but please do not post it in an open forum.
Posted By: tasman4 Re: reset tech passcode - 10/04/04 11:57 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Oz:
> You need the tech password to change it.The > onlt way to do it without it is using the > pcmmc program.

</font>

Oz if you could let me know (by my email profile) what this process is as well I would appreciate it.
thanks
Posted By: Oz Re: reset tech passcode - 10/05/04 04:03 AM
Done.
Posted By: tasman4 Re: reset tech passcode - 10/05/04 09:16 AM
Done.</font>

I haven't received that yet. Could you send again?
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 10/05/04 01:50 PM
Tasman4,
He did send it to me and I will confirm that it does work.That being said this is not something the average person should have access to.That isn't what it is intended for.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: reset tech passcode - 10/05/04 03:26 PM
does this work on any samsung?

i have a 500 that someone keeps changing the password to & i have to get samsung to get me back into it. a very big hassle!

pretty sure it is someone that works there.

oz can you shoot it to me via email (in profile)??
Posted By: LockTech Re: reset tech passcode - 10/05/04 08:07 PM
I have been doing a lot of work in the Toronto area, There has been a Tech that disappeared from the area after changing hundreds of passcodes on a variety of Samsung systems. I have called Samsung to change one passcode, yes, long painful process, and it does not want to work on any other system. This is using an MMC. If someone could PLEASE e-mail me a way threw/around this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

------------------
MSN Messenger: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by SkyTech (edited October 05, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by SkyTech (edited October 06, 2004).]
Posted By: KLD Re: reset tech passcode - 12/25/04 07:57 AM

</font>

Merry Xmas, Oz --- Will this work on the Hybrid ****? The installing company is belly up and I need to get in. I'm afraid to dump this unit and start over as it is not in the best of shape. I have a manual and have no problem programming under tenant and customer passwords (they're default). Please e-mail me if it will work on this system and what it is. Thanx in advance.

Please do not post passwords in the forum. Send an E-mail when giving passwords.

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited December 25, 2004).]
Posted By: Big Mike Re: reset tech passcode - 12/26/04 07:48 AM
I have been installing Samsung for over seven years and have never heard of being able to change the tech passcode through keyset MMC (besides MMC 801). I would appriciate learning something new if you would please send it to me as well ([email protected]).
Thanks alot.
Posted By: TheTelephoneMan Re: reset tech passcode - 12/27/04 09:25 AM
I have been told that a default is the only way to reset the passcode. Is there another way ?
Posted By: Newander Re: reset tech passcode - 12/27/04 10:33 AM
There is an MMC that allows you to reset a passcode, but you have to contact Samsung directly to get the unlock code.

They have unlock codes for everything but the old 816 hybrid and plus. Those require defaulting from what I understand...
Posted By: clgjr Re: reset tech passcode - 12/29/04 05:18 PM
I too would like to know this reset code. Maybe someone could e-mail it to me. Also I'm certified on samsung.
Posted By: sdsouth Re: reset tech passcode - 01/12/05 12:21 PM
Could someone please send me the default password as well. I've been tring to reset the system for quite sometime.
Posted By: pp6767 Re: reset tech passcode - 01/20/05 12:09 PM
I have the same situation also.Could somebody e-mail me the process also.I am certified also.
Posted By: WRichey Re: reset tech passcode - 01/24/05 08:20 PM
Just so you all dont get too excited the password is different for all systems. It depends on what they set it as at samsung. In order to find out what it is they need approval from two sources the owner of the system and the company that installed it. anyho its just my fyi :-)

[This message has been edited by wrichey (edited January 24, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by wrichey (edited January 25, 2005).]
Posted By: Gator1972 Re: reset tech passcode - 02/07/05 04:30 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm right now getting certified in the Samsung IDCS product field(norcross,ga). And we ask the Saul (samsung trainer} if there is a backdoor.
he said it was a mathmatical calculation dealing with time and product code..and
that you need to call tech support while you are on site with all the info becuase of it being time sensitive. Is this true? I would like to know if it isn't.Plus the info how so I can try it out on the 500s that is set up in training. Thanks.
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 02/07/05 08:03 PM
Say hi to Saul for me!
As for the procedure,the "author" of the reset procedure told me he tried it on quite a few different systems like the iDCS 100,500 Compact and DCS and it worked.It was not time sensitive.Now let me rephrase that.You can set the time to a known time and it works.
Maybe there is a second method in that is time sensitive.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited February 08, 2005).]
Posted By: FONEFXR Re: reset tech passcode - 02/12/05 09:31 PM
I am very familar with reseting the passcodes the only prerequsite is that you have access to the customer side of the switch via transfer 200. I have done it on old dcs's, compacts and the latest and greatest 500's. I have pinned the formula down to just the date and time it doesnt matter what day year or product but I have yet to surmise the equasion.
Posted By: WRichey Re: reset tech passcode - 02/21/05 06:12 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pvj:
He did send it to me and I will confirm that it does work.That being said this is not something the average person should have access to.That isn't what it is intended for.
[This message has been edited by pvj (edited February 08, 2005).][/B]</font>
So did it work?
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 02/21/05 06:49 AM
Yes as I mentioned it does work.As FONEFXR mentioned you just need access to the customer 200 level programming.
Posted By: Telcobits Re: reset tech passcode - 03/28/05 11:27 PM

</font>

I'd appreciate knowing that info (via Profile email)
Regards
From Perth
Posted By: WRichey Re: reset tech passcode - 03/30/05 10:54 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pvj:
Yes as I mentioned it does work.As FONEFXR mentioned you just need access to the customer 200 level programming.</font>

would you email me please I have been a cert holder for samsung for several years now and I have never been able to do that with out the help of samsung. It would save me a ton of time on hold with samsung when this problem comes across my path (usually I am the one forgetting the passwords that they want when it happens)

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: reset tech passcode - 03/30/05 02:08 PM
If you could, please e-mail me with this proceedure also.
Thanks
Larry
Posted By: telhack Re: reset tech passcode - 03/31/05 11:43 PM
I just took over a iDCS100 system. The previous installer did not leave the customer the access codes.
Could someone email me the reset procedure that works via the handset?
Posted By: Martin25 Re: reset tech passcode - 04/01/05 02:35 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:

If you could, please e-mail me with this proceedure also.
Thanks
Larry
</font>

Can you Email that to me too please. In 4 years I was not at all aware that it was possible without using PCMMC. Thanks. Martin
Posted By: anodas Re: reset tech passcode - 04/04/05 06:01 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by telhack:
I just took over a iDCS100 system. The previous installer did not leave the customer the access codes.
Could someone email me the reset procedure that works via the handset?
</font>

I have the same problem as you.. Can someone please email me the procedure also? Thanks..
Posted By: The_Assistant Re: reset tech passcode - 04/08/05 10:19 PM
colinmacc, Martin25, telhack, CMDL_GUY wrichey, Telcobits,

Have any of your guys ever received that email with the instructions on how to reset the tech password?

Sometimes I wonder if this tech password reset is real or fictional.

Thanks.
Posted By: WRichey Re: reset tech passcode - 04/13/05 10:16 PM
nope
Posted By: mundocom Re: reset tech passcode - 04/14/05 12:05 AM
send me that way of changuing the password too, i am a pbx installer, but not the first that was working here, he left the job, and now i need to reset some pbx to maxe a simple changue becouse he was the only one that knows the password .....

you can found the email in the profile, thanks
Posted By: Jonnydanger Re: reset tech passcode - 04/14/05 09:07 AM
mundocom did anyone ever send you the email?
Posted By: CousinIT Re: reset tech passcode - 04/14/05 12:16 PM
I would like someone to email me the procedure to change the password as well. Thanks.
Posted By: pvj Re: reset tech passcode - 04/14/05 01:11 PM
Please,
This procedure does work but I am not going to email to everyone and his brother.That is not what it is intended for.People with 1 or 2 posts asking for this is crazy and then before you know it Samsung will change the procedure becuase everyone knows it.
If you are desperate and need a password changed,Samsung can do it for you.Call them.
This to me would be way worse than giving out the technician level password as then anyone could essentially get into anyones system.It could/would get out of hand real quick.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited April 14, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help