atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jettech OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 09/19/06 02:23 AM
Just Upgraded an OS 100 with V2.46 to V2.63.

I need the software upgrade to run current version IP Phones.

Anyway I have created a problem with their existing IP Phones they wont log onto the OS-100 as we get an “Invalid Registration ID” error during startup.

We have two different software version phones on the system.

These phones give the invalid registration ID message:

Bootrom V 1.03
Software V 3.00
Hardware 3-0

These phones log onto OS System and work:

Bootrom V 1.02
Software V 2.05
Hardware 3-0

I’ve checked the settings in the Phone Menu and MMC 840 they all look fine and have not changed during the upgrade process.
Posted By: mathrap Re: OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 09/19/06 03:59 AM
What about the MGI3 ? You need 2.60 or higher for ITP 51XX series.
Posted By: Rowlettdon Re: OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 09/19/06 05:29 AM
1st I would backup and save your database. Then I would power it off and turn off the battery on the MGI card for 2 minutes then power up the system and check it again. Sometimes after a upgrade, the MGI is a little "stupid" and you have to purge it. Then if that didn't work, I think that I would log off one of the working phones and use a phone that is in question and try logging in with it using the good phone number. That would let you know about the phone set either way. This is assuming that all software levels matches in the system.
Posted By: jettech Re: OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 09/19/06 01:32 PM
I Will have another look at it this morning.

Is there any programming stored on the MGI? I thought it all would have been stored on the MCP?

Do the phones need the MGI to register or do they just need the MGI channels when attemptig a external or non IP handset call.
Posted By: WRichey Re: OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 09/19/06 02:18 PM
Originally posted by jettech:
Is there any programming stored on the MGI? I thought it all would have been stored on the MCP? yes there is software to the mgi

Do the phones need the MGI to register or do they just need the MGI channels when attemptig a external or non IP handset call. the mcp is the set up and the mgi is for use. None the less you should check to see if you have the current version on the mgi when you do the mcp
Posted By: jettech Re: OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 09/19/06 02:30 PM
All works now.

Restarted the system all ok.
Posted By: Cracker Re: OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 09/26/06 08:31 AM
Immagine that..."A Reboot" Been doing it to PC's for years and it even works on a phone system! A reboot is in order anytime software is upgraded and should be one of the first troubleshooting steps if possible. I have seen a lot of hair pulling, and I am bald, that could have been avoided with a reboot.
Posted By: jettech Re: OS100 V 2.63 IP Phone Problem - 10/15/06 06:43 AM
Further to Previous Posts.

The system had been Rebooted Several Times after the MCP upgrade I don't know why one more re boot made the difference.

I have also noticed the v 1.03 Phones won’t automatically log on after they have lost connection to the system they come up with a blank screen the phones themselves have to be re-powered by unplugging the POE patch cord with and reconnecting.

Sounds like the older software / firmware is more stable with 2.63. Maybe I need to do a firmware downgrade on the phones to suit the others. frown
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help