atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tvv iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/01/08 11:09 AM
iDCS 100 R2,
I'm new to Samsung, I have tried the password XXXX, mmc800, will not let me into programming. The installer that put the system in 2yrs ago is gone. Help, what do I try next?

Please,no passwords in the open forums.
Posted By: pvj Re: iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/01/08 12:08 PM
tvv,
Welcome to Teck Talk smile
Per our posting rules I have edited your post to remove the password that you posted.
What I suggest is that you have the customer (or yourself if you're a dealer) contact Samsung.They will be able to reset your passcode for you.
Posted By: tvv Re: iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/01/08 12:27 PM
Sorry, about the password, I have tried to use a notebook to program, I found the db9 port is not working, I have a breakout box with lights and I get no lights from the ph sys rs232 db9. I have power cycled the system, no help. Will they need to access by the db9 port.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/01/08 01:23 PM
That's because it takes a special cable to connect via a PC. You cannot use a regular modem cable. Look in the Samsung manual for the correct pin-outs.
Posted By: pvj Re: iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/01/08 08:16 PM
tvv,
If you or the customer contact Samsung they can provide you with a means to access the system through the keyset programming you wouldn't have to have access to the DB-9 serial port.Be advised that unless you are a dealer they will probably want the customer to fax the request on company letterhead to them first.
Alternatively you can access it through the Lan port but to do PC programming you will need to get the OSM software (and the correct version of it)
Posted By: tvv Re: iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/02/08 10:50 AM
To All, Thank You for your help.
Customer is going to write a letter.

tvv
Posted By: Cracker Re: iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/03/08 04:02 AM
I might be mistaken but I think it takes 2 requests by fax. One from the customer and one from the certified dealer that will be making the passcode change.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: iDCS 100 R2 password - 07/04/08 05:06 AM
Cracker would be correct...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help