atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Vernon Telecom OS100R2 Batteries hot then dying - 07/03/08 04:41 PM
I have a customer with a 100 - where a single battery overloaded i think - 12V 7AH battery Gelcell, the battery got hot and the glue around one of the terminals broke open. Voltage across this battery went to zero volts, and the other batteries were holding 12 volts - but were warm.
2 questions:
1. has anyone experienced a 100 that kills batteries due to overcharging?
2. would one battery dying (from bad manuf et al) kill the rest?

We replaced the one that was obviously dead with zero volts across it, but now after a couple weeks, all batteries are very warm and have varying voltages across each cell.

The system is less than a year old, and the powersupply has been repaired for the cap problem. System is fully functional (other than no battery backup).

I'm slow to replace them all before I hear if others have had 100 charger issues.
Posted By: Brian H Re: OS100R2 Batteries hot then dying - 07/03/08 05:44 PM
Have you checked the output voltage of the power supply?
Posted By: Noisycow Re: OS100R2 Batteries hot then dying - 07/03/08 07:45 PM
+1 on that -- and a good battery to use is a carrier access 48v battery; you can get them new pretty cheap.
Posted By: Cracker Re: OS100R2 Batteries hot then dying - 07/07/08 09:47 AM
Check with Express Communications. They make sealed battery packs for all the Samsung Systems. They are sealed in a metal container that can be mounted on the wall.
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: OS100R2 Batteries hot then dying - 07/07/08 01:51 PM
Output voltage is 52VDC
Thanks for the link to Express Communications
Posted By: Noisycow Re: OS100R2 Batteries hot then dying - 07/10/08 01:02 AM
Won't compare price wise to $45 shipped off Ebay though for a larger capacity Carrier Access battery. Easy to splice/crimp/heat shrink the Samsung connector to them and DIRT CHEAP.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help