atcomsystems.ca/forum
Just installed 2cab 7400 w/2 PRIs. calls into grps ie 5400 ok. Customer wants calls placed on hold to be seen and pick up by outher stns in the grp.I have Pri so i cant do DTxxxx keys.12-xxxx not a soulation. Nothing short of seeing the held call on the other station (flashing key) will do.The nec2000 did it. I have 2-tepri2 cards. I have 5 different Groups this applys to. The Managers of these groups are very upset with the new system.what do i do? install t1 ckts so i can dedicate #s to channels.Analog trunks? If so how do handle the did #'s into these groups?
How about Park keys
Yea my tac support suggested that this am. However I have 5 different groups 29 stns between all 5 groups,with only 10 park positions that wont work for me at this customer. It might work for a small customer.
Use hold and have the person that put the caller on hold note what trunk number they are on... ie: 7012. Now program a HLDPK key on all keysets. It works the same as PARK. Just push the HLDPK key and enter the trunk number. We do this a lot with bigger companies.
Yea that is another good suggestion, but it would not accomplish what the customer wants and had before the Cut to the new system. They want what any key system can do! You put the call on hold and it flash's on the other sets, and can be picked up by pressing the flashing key. Calls coming in to a stn will flash on the DSxxxx keys of the other sets, and they can answer at the other sets via the DSxxxx key, would be nice to be able to have the DSxxxx key Flash when the call is placed on HOLD.
Have the carrier reduce the PRI trunks down to a number that is manageable and that will work for them. Say, 10 PRI trunks. Then set up 10 DT701-710 buttons. Most carriers can pass even PRI calls to you 1-10. Must have 21b or better sets of course to have enough buttons.
I will talk to the carrier tomorrow and see how many channels busy they have reached so far so that is a possibility, that might work, but I Think we have to much traffic in to many groups. Because of the traffic and the way they HANDLE calls I understand why the customer wants to see the callers on hold. Parking Transferring or trying to remember what call is on what trunk with new calls ringing in and being answered by any member of the group and calls recalling back makes for a very confusing scenario. Sure would be nice to have the system be able to show the call HELD on the other DSxxxx keys! I have 248 entries in did ringing aprox 78 not active = 170 active numbers. Heavy traffic on the main number and heavy traffic on the five groups coming in on did numbers. 106 active stns.
Just curious but how did the NEC 2000 do it? Thats two pri's with a possible 46 channels.

Solution give them all soft phones on their PC's and program the buttons you need for each group and their channels off of the PRI's. Or give the managers 64 button AOMS and program their groups station keys and the pri channels.

For that matter put operator on the front desk and call on the manager phones aswell.

UP SELL, UP SELL, UP SELL You know the drill.
Ok to clarify the nec2000 had two T1s not PRIs, what I was referring to was that they could place a call on HOLD and see it at the other stations, wither it was a DID or both way trunk call.

“Nothing short of seeing the held call on the other station (flashing key) will do.The nec2000 did it”

No need to Reduce the number of PRI channels because the call always come in top down order 7001 always first. Because even if I have a 64btn AOM and have 23 DTxxxx keys for all Channels and a DS-xxxx keys for all stns in the groups it still will not work for “this application” because calls into system 7001-7023 (or 7001-7010– If PRI reduced) will be showing up on the DTxxxx keys on all the other stns. The correct calls will reach the correct groups, but when a call in group (A) puts a call on hold then all stns in all other groups (29 stns total) will show the call on hold and when a group member goes to pick up a HELD call may pick up the wrong held call that does not belong to that group. I know you say they are to keep track of what the Trk#s are (so as to not pick up the wrong call or pick up the right call), but I have talked to the mangers and this will not do. They need to keep the calls for Group (A) in-group (A), and calls for group (B) in-group (B) ONLY. The Mangers want to be able to walk into the group and pick up ANY held call as well a specific held call. So their cant be a chance to pickup a call from the other groups or any other call into the system.

I put a HLDPK key on the phones today and that has helped to “manage” the HELED call as opposed to transfer and possible recall, so thanks for that one CIT. They are getting use to the ext numbers so they use the HLDPK+ext# to pick up the call.
I am wording if putting more call btns on the phones to handle more traffic and using the HLDPk Key to pick up the call may be the way to go. They can "Manage" the HELD call at the stn that put it on hold. They get paid commission so they want more calls – but a HELD call takes up a call btn until its picked up). It wont give them what they wont but maybe its better, and wont be as messy as having many dt keys, but I think the managers are going to keep on us until we can make the HELD calls appear on the other sets.

I am learning the system better every day, and I like the system but this problem is a racking my brain.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
Now that there is more clarification. you might have to change the PRI over to T1 just like it was on the NEC. Then set up the groups to only allow specific trunks in their group (that will cure the wrong pick up problem). I assume that each group uses a specific number range when dialing in, is this correct? Or are they calling in on one group of numbers and allocated out to the different groups as needed.

Putting more call buttons on the phones will help but not fix this issue. So you are saying that on the NEC the managers and others in a group could see a stations held call? or they would see the trunk on hold? if it's the prior then I am afraid you are S.O.L without using a program like Officeserv Call or Operator.
Ths s.o.l applys! How would Officeserv Call Or Operator help?
Officeserv call you have the ability to set up station groups and monitor the status of each station. So your managers can see whats happening and manipulate calls as needed.

Operator can be used by the operator to monitor and manipulate calls and extensions.
There is no way to setup buttons for trunk groups on any system with a PRI. The calls fall into whichever port is a available at the time of the call. You will have to change to a T1 instead. I went through this with a customer that had multiple companies on the same switch and they wanted to be able to answer the calls using the company name based on the button it was ringing on.
Make sure DSS DPU is on. Make a DS key for multiple virtual extensions. Set the virtual extensions to call forward all to an individual station group where the same virtual extension is the only member. Now when a call comes in touch the DS key of the virtual extension it will flash on all phones that have it and can be pickup up from only of them. It will stay there until the cows come home or you set the overflow timer to go to the next port. Only limitation is the number of station groups and virtual extension but you have plenty of both in the 7400.
FONEFXR has it correct. Make sure that ringback on transfer is off. What you are doing with his method is creating more virtual parks zones.
FONEFXR Are you saying that once the call is put on Hold it then can be pickup at any other station that has that ds key on it?

"Now when a call comes in touch the DS key of the virtual extension it will flash on all phones that have it and can be pickup up from only of them."

FONEFXR in you statement above did you mean to say "Any of them" or "only one of them". I have DSS dpu on now, and they can answer by the ds key, but when they put it on Hold it will not flash at the other stations. I have not tryed it with vitrual stns. I will try it today.
I tested using Virtual stns today. That did not work either. I had the 7digit number in did ringing go to 3501. 3501 is a ds-3501 key on my test stn 29xx and in 10x mmc the 3501 is fwd all to 50xx ( stngroup with only 3501 in it) When the call comes in it will not RING the stn. NO Audible, it does flash on ds-3501 key but no audible. But that does not matter, when you ANSWER the ds-3501 key the call is placed on the CALL key. NOW when you place the call on HOLD you cannot see it on the other stations to be able to pick it up. I ‘am already currently using DSS DPU that works fine, call come into the group and can be answered by pressing the DS key. BUT!!!!! Once the call is ANSWERED the call is on the CALL KEY.

I do hope SAMSUNG is working on this problem because more and more people will be cutting over to PRI. So they should come up with a fix. Sure would be nice if you once you place the call on HOLD from the call key you could see it flash and be able to pick it up from other stns that have the DS key on them. It looks like I will have to change from PRI to T1.
Yes I meant any of them. What the DS keys are intended for is once the call is answered to park it. This gives you many more virtual park zones to use beyond the system park zones 0 thru 9.

"Yea my tac support suggested that this am. However I have 5 different groups 29 stns between all 5 groups,with only 10 park positions that wont work for me at this customer. It might work for a small customer. "
Pardon my ignorance (number 11 here)

But what happens to the call while it's looping in transfer hell?. Example if I have 5 groups with 20 calls holding 100 calls are stuck in a loop. So the system resources can not be released until a call is picked up. Secondly I don't think it would be much different than having 20 buttons programmed per phone.

Just thinking out loud. wink
How do you Park it on a ds key?
I tried the virtual stn thing, the call ends up on the CALL key.
sgs7400 You are making this harder then it really is. Let's keep it simple. Let's look at one station group. Let's say you have ten members of that group that answer calls and you need four park zones for that group. What needs to be done is to assign four virtual extensions for that group Lets say 3100- 3103. Put the Dss key of 3100-3103 on the keysets of the phones in that group. Now when a call comes in and is answered by a group member all he has to do is basically transfer to lets say 3100 and the call will flash on the phones in the group that have a 3100 dss. The next call in can be placed on the next open DSS Ie.. 3102 DO NOT HAVE THE INBOUND CALLS RING 3100-3103. Set the ringing as normal and let 3100-3103 serve as virtual park zones. Use the transfer recall timer as your park recall timer. Hope that this helps you out.
ok i see now xfer to the virtual, its ringing the virtual ie not audibal and just stays their until answered or recalls. that sounds ok. i will try that.
Now i understand wrichys comment about resources
thanks for all the help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help