atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: slade MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/06/11 12:25 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am not an expert at dealing with OfficeServ systems, but we have and officeserv100 with an expansion A unit. Everything was working correctly, until we installed a voicemail card (SVMI4) into the expansion unit. Afterwards, the system wouldn't boot. The system phone would show on the LCD the OfficeServ's system version, however it would never boot to where we have a dial tone. We have tried booting multiple times, taking all cards out and just installing the MCP1 card, however the system will not boot. We are unable to send commands by phone.

There are two LEDs on the MCP1 card, (one is labeled MP and the other is SP). The MP LED flashes rapidly during booting, however the second LED (labeled SP) is always solid. I believe both of them should be rapidly flashing when booting.
What does the solid LED mean?
Has anyone else had a similar problem and possibly a list of things to try to fix this issue?

Thanks!
Posted By: nameless Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/06/11 02:48 AM
The SP led will stay solid until the system boots the SP firmware.

The whole boot up sequence takes upto 3-5 minutes depending on software version.

Check the power supply, are the 2 caps on the top right domeing (bulging) at all?
Posted By: slade Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/06/11 11:26 AM
I will check the caps on wednesday, however the problem happened right after I inserted the SVMI4 card, although the card did occupy the last slot. Maybe the power supply couldn't handle it.

We would wait for several hours however the system would never boot. The system phone would endlessly display the system version and the date

There is a reset button and an on/off switch on the MCP1 card itself. What are they for? Maybe I need to somehow reset the MCP1 card using the reset button and the on/off switch?
Posted By: slade Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/12/11 05:48 AM
I've checked the caps in the right top corner (labeled C30 and C32) C32 (the right one) is bulging.
Do I need to replace it with a similar one?
Posted By: TelephoneSystemsDirect Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/12/11 09:11 AM
Yes replace both
Posted By: slade Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/12/11 10:32 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I will replace the caps and see how it goes. The system version of the OfficeServ100 is 2.2. Could someone explain where to obtain a software update. I read somewhere that the latest version is 2.75
Thanks
Posted By: nameless Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/13/11 01:48 AM
The version that the handset displays is the handset version not the system version.

The OS100 was released with 2.37 firmware (at least here anyway).

Check MMC727 for version information of the mcp and other cards
There was a recall for 100 power supplies. The original caps had a problem, newer caps were larger.
Posted By: slade Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/22/11 12:21 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I replaced the caps with 2200 microFarad caps rated at 16V, however it seems that the problem continues. The phone always shows system version and a slow clicking sound, however the system will not boot.
The SP LED stays lit, however I believe it should slowly flicker.

Possibly the firmware got corrupt somehow?? If so, is it possible to reflash the firmware with serial cable? Does anyone have any experience with that?

Any other ideas on what could be the problem?
Thanks!
Posted By: TelephoneSystemsDirect Re: MCP1 (SP LED stays solid) - 03/24/11 12:28 PM
I dont have any caps handy to check if those are correct but if the caps were bulging then 99% of the time that would solve it.

Try removing all cards other than the mcp and connect 1 phone to one of the 8 base dli extensions. You could also disconnect the exp chasis.

Failing that you should look at trying another psu or replacement mcp or even the back board.

It might be worth looking into replacing the kit with a 7200s.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help