atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: otter_81 Email Gateway SMTP - 06/03/11 09:36 AM
Hello all,

we have a customer who has been using email gateway for the last couple years. They have a os7100 with 4.53b software. It has been working fine up until this last week when they had a new exchange server installed, and now requires ssl authentication. I've contacted their ISP, which is a local provider and they do not offer smtp. My question is this, has anyone else run into this, and what may you have used for the smtp? I tried setting up a gmail account, but apparently they use ssl as well. To my knowledge these 7100's still do not support SSL?

any input would be appreciated.

thanks!
Posted By: bmreen Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/03/11 10:03 AM
You are correct about the 7000's or SVMI's not supporting SSL/TSL.

www.inbox.com
www.lavabit.com

You can set up free accounts here and use them as the SMTP relay.
Posted By: otter_81 Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/03/11 12:53 PM
Great I'll look into that. Thanks!
Posted By: nameless Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/05/11 03:43 AM
Just grab a free smtp server from somewhere (eg download.com, i use mail enable) and set it up on a pc and point the OS7100 to that.

I've had todo this in the past due to the problems with offsite mailservers, and to proove to a customers it guy that it was his server config that was blocking the email not a problem with the system
Posted By: otter_81 Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/23/11 07:30 AM
Just wanted to update that we were able to get this working using lavabit.com. thanks again for the input!
Posted By: CyberLaw Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/29/11 05:09 PM
There is also gmx.com for free smtp relaying.

On another note. I have a 7100 that has had many issues sending out emails via EMG. I've just replaced the MP10 with an MP10a and the smtp services "hang" during a session which delays emails by up to 10 minutes.... Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?
Posted By: nameless Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/29/11 05:30 PM
There was an issue from about 4.14 to 4.30 with the mp10 where if the smtp server was outside of the local lan then the email would not go through.
There was a 4.30l release here to fix this and it was also fixed in 4.4x.

What does the port activity screen show during this?

Depending on the size of the message it can take a while for it to convert the g.729 (mp10) or g.726 (mp10a, os7030, mp20s) file to a wav file and send the email
Posted By: CyberLaw Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/29/11 05:57 PM
I was thinking about the LAN issue. The system is outside the lan, directly on PUB IP.
It is MP10a with 4.30i
Guess I'll have to bring it inside....
Posted By: CyberLaw Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/29/11 06:00 PM
Oh.
Port activity screen shows the email going thru... but it hangs when trying to complete the email. (.)
Posted By: nameless Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/30/11 01:48 AM
Define hangs? can you get the SMTP logs from the mail server and see if it helps?
Posted By: otter_81 Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 06/30/11 01:22 PM
Just out of curiousity, have you tried maybe setting up a second mclass with a different smtp server and testing from a ghost mailbox? Curious if it could be something specific to your smtp relay.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 08/03/11 08:20 AM
OK, been wanting to try this for quite some time and finally did, but was unable to make it work. Lavabit.com has currently suspended signups so no go there. Inbox.com and Gmx.com I signed up for but I couldn't get either one of them to accept an email from our 7100, and when I poked around in settings I couldn't find anywhere you could forward all incoming to another email account(like gmail).

Anyone out there able to detail this a little more?
Posted By: nameless Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 08/03/11 10:46 AM
Just get a free smtp server and set it up a local open relay on a pc/server.

Since its on the local lan spamming shouldn't be an issue, then just point the os7100 to it and it will relay to the customers email accounts (no need for any email forwarding)
Posted By: bmreen Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 08/03/11 05:21 PM
On Inbox.com under settings enable POP3 access.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 08/04/11 07:09 PM
nameless, you have a suggestion or know of one that works well?

bmreen, when you enable POP3 does that open up the ability to forward?

Thanks for the responses guys!
Posted By: nameless Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 08/05/11 03:31 AM
I use mail enable.
Works well, easy to config, i think i have the instructions i did up for my techs somewhere
Posted By: CyberLaw Re: Email Gateway SMTP - 12/31/15 06:54 PM
Not sure where to put this post, this seems the most logical.
Has anyone found an alternative to resend missed emails from the svmi systems?
The way i do it now is to log into the box that has messages backed up due to not being sent (for whatever reason) and then resending them to the same box as a reminder to get them emailed out.
Is there a quicker/easier way? DOS command line maybe?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help