atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KEY TEL Prostar DCS - static - 02/26/14 03:15 PM
Folks,
I adopted a long ago installed two cabinet Prostar DCS for a customer thinking I would be doing simple config and station MAC work. Yesterday I found loud static (almost like a digital set signal sound) on all the analog stations. It is all over the 66 block field. I cant even pick up a toner over the noise. Dial tone is almost impossible to hear on a set.

I power off both cabinets - it disappears. I power off the main cabinet - it disappears. I power off the second cabinet - it stays.

On the main cabinet I pulled the Amphenol cables - no change. I pull the line cards (1 digital 3 analog) - no change. It sounds like a power supply or backplane.

Is this a common problem with older Prostar DCS? Is it worth finding refurb cards / power supply?

From one old time to another - I welcome your guidance!
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Prostar DCS - static - 02/26/14 05:37 PM
Start with the expansion cards if you have any, they usually cause all sorts of strange problems when they go.
Posted By: KEY TEL Re: Prostar DCS - static - 02/27/14 11:34 AM
I need 36 analog, four digital and six lines. I've got plenty of cards. If I pop the expansion card out of the main cabinet, can I use that slot for line cards?

The trunking seems weird. The first card has two and a second card has 8. Seems like I need both cards for six lines?

Customer (guesthouse) is considering doing away with phones in rooms, so doesn't want to spend a lot of money! (What customed does?) :-)
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Prostar DCS - static - 02/27/14 01:40 PM
I'll Pm you
Posted By: Cracker Re: Prostar DCS - static - 04/22/14 11:14 AM
Make sure your 66 block isn't shorted someplace. I've seen that a lot, ie double punched pins, bent pins etc
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help