atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dave_R trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/24/14 06:12 PM
Ok, I have a small officeserv system, the do not use an operator, they have the trunks ringing into about 8 stations on group 500. They have 4 trunks showing as lines 1-4 on the DS-5021 buttons, and several other buttons for stations. When a trunk rings, all the lamps for the stations listed in group 500 light up at the same time (because they are ringing). Is there a way to not have these lights light-up on the buttons of the phones when outside calls ring, The ringing trunk is flashing as it should be. The users are complaining that it is confusing when the phone rings and multiple lights are flashing. Any ideas? One other thing that might help is to have a different ringtone for outside calls vs station to station calls. But as I understand it, the ringtones are per station and the single ring for trunk calls, and double ring for station calls is fixed. Any ideas would be appreciated
Posted By: John807 Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/24/14 07:06 PM
I asked Samsung support the same question, their response was that's how it works.
John
Posted By: pvj Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/24/14 07:24 PM
CorrecT that is how it works.If you think about it a phone that is ringing with an outside call is "busy" doing that.It also allows you te see a ringing phone and pick it up if you want.It may not e ideal but it is what it is.You can give the outside trunks a different ring tone if that would help.
Posted By: Dave_R Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/24/14 08:43 PM
A different ringtone will help. How do I set a different ringtone for the outside trunks? Thanks
Posted By: pvj Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/24/14 10:37 PM
MMC 419
Posted By: Dave_R Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/27/14 07:01 PM
I have tried different setting in that MMC, and not seeing any changes. I must be doing something wrong, are there other changes that need to be made in another MMC. I also tried it thru DM 2.5.15
Posted By: Dave_R Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/27/14 07:12 PM
My bad, that was 2.4.2 via DM.
Posted By: pvj Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/27/14 08:25 PM
I hate using DM tool but 2.4.2 is where to go.
Mmc 419 will also work from a keyset.I only use DM tool for Vmail programming and backing up the database.It's faster in my opinion toprogram from a keyset.
If you go into 419 enter the trunk number on the top line of the display and enter a ring tone for the trunk.You set this by trunk so you could have each trunk ring differently if you wanted.It comes in handy sometimes when there are say 2 different companies being answered by the same reception.
Posted By: Gerrya Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/27/14 10:09 PM
Agree pvj its much easier to program using keyset
easier to remember mmcs than say 2.4.2
Posted By: pvj Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/27/14 10:59 PM
Yes I constantly use the search to look up an mmc and where it is in DM.
You do know that if you hit the button at the top of the list in DM it will switch it to MMC mode and you can look at the settings just like in a keyset.
Posted By: pvj Re: trunk ringing and keyset button lights - 10/28/14 04:45 PM
Must say I have never used that little trick but I still find it faster to program from a keyset after so many years
I don't blame you. It is faster at times. Yet when doing long lists of DID's or a long LCR table. PC programming makes it much easier.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help