atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mfecko Netgear FVS 318 G router on Samsung - 02/17/15 08:27 PM
We bought a couple of the above noted routers for customers.
We can't get them to function.

We opened tickets with support, they say everything's correct, and we'll get back to you after we talk to the engineers. Of course they never get back and when you call in again, by then the 30 day support is long over.

I've heard these are decent, reliable routers.
Looking for someone who may have installed similar
( especially port forwarding )

They look fairly straight forward, but I must be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
What is it that you are trying to do? What have you done so far? What kind of internet connection is it?
Posted By: mfecko Re: Netgear FVS 318 G router on Samsung - 02/17/15 10:24 PM
We're connecting it to a static IP from our ISP.
We've enabled DHCP on the unit
We're trying to do a simple port forward of several ports typically used in a Samsung namely

5060-5061
5090-5091
6001-6002
30000-30031

They would all point to our MP card, a single internal IP

Nothing radical.

We set it up on our system ( we have SIP trunks )
( ports 5060-5061 ) and it doesn't work.

We have two boxes and have tried each of them.

Can't be two bad out of box.
On the system itself make sure you have given it a static internal ip address. We normally use 192.168.1.230. Then forward all those ports you mentioned both UDP and TCP to that IP address. Also in the public field in the system, enter the public IP address for the system. Double check with your ISP that they are not blocking any of those ports.
Posted By: mfecko Re: Netgear FVS 318 G router on Samsung - 02/18/15 05:22 PM
Been there, done that....
What kind of Samsung phones system is it? What software version are you running?
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Netgear FVS 318 G router on Samsung - 02/19/15 01:30 PM
try upgrading the firmware on the router or default it and re-program it. You should also be able to check the logs to see if the traffic is being blocked.
Posted By: noisemarine Re: Netgear FVS 318 G router on Samsung - 02/20/15 03:56 AM
I've seen a few of the newer routers actually have the firewall enabled. You not only have to set the port forwards, but also punch holes through the firewall. I suspect this is because more and more products are IPv6 compatible, which has no concept of NAT (and therefore no pseudo firewalling due to NAT).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help