atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John807 What port should TFTP be listening to - 11/04/15 10:14 PM
Greetings to upgrade 5220s's what port should TFTP be listening to? It says 69 is that correct? I can't get the upgrade to push out to the sets.
TIA,
John
Posted By: nameless Re: What port should TFTP be listening to - 11/05/15 10:17 AM
69 is the default and correct TFTP port.

the handsets connect the to TFTP server, so it's not pushed out as such, but pulled down by the handsets.
Posted By: John807 Re: What port should TFTP be listening to - 11/06/15 03:32 AM
This is the procedure I've been trying to use:
Push software to the phones (all SMT-i series phones)
1) Run TFTP server on the PC. PC must be in the same network as the OfficeServ.
2) Set the root directory of TFTP to the main unzipped phone software folder. Main folder must contain a subfolder called ―ITP-SERIES‖.
3) In DM 5.2.10, set software version number, upgrade Server IP address (PC), and type (MMC command). Upon saving the DM setting, system will push the software to phones.
Posted By: nameless Re: What port should TFTP be listening to - 11/06/15 08:52 PM
Change MMC command to on connection.

MMC command is manual, you have to tell the phone via the system to upgrade.
Posted By: John807 Re: What port should TFTP be listening to - 11/07/15 10:12 PM
Got it to go by setting the set to download from phone connect. What's the best way to do 125 phones simultaneously? The way I got it to work, I would be there forever.
Thanks
Posted By: nameless Re: What port should TFTP be listening to - 11/07/15 10:46 PM
Doing it upon connect is a good way, but if the phone can't connect to the tftp server it won't boot up (at least it used to do that, not sure if it's been fixed), so make sure to change it back once done.

I usually just do them manually via the system about 4 or 5 at a time (as my tftp app has a bug where it randomly changes the root directory)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help