atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV WEVoip and Motorola Droids - 04/11/17 01:26 AM
OK, now I'm having an issue trying to get a WEVoip client intstalled on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 vers 7 Nougat to register to a new install Officeserv 7100 vers 4.99. I get a message that says "failed to register". My distributor and I went through all the settings and can't seem to find anything. He also said that Samsung only supports their Galaxy phones which will be irritating to say the least. Anyone successful with this?
Posted By: MichaelV Re: WEVoip and Motorola Droids - 04/15/17 12:32 AM
I take it the lack of response means no one is using WEVoip?

Anyone using a regular 3rd party SIP app with any success? I was able to get the 3cx SIP app working with the Samsung a few years ago, maybe need to go that route.
Posted By: John807 Re: WEVoip and Motorola Droids - 04/16/17 03:34 AM
I went round and round with this on a Samsung note 5. It finally turned out to be the router. I wanna say something with ALG. Honestly I can't be sure anymore. We got it to work. Then the client hated it.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: WEVoip and Motorola Droids - 04/20/17 02:41 PM
Yeah, SIP ALG is disabled in the router. I've seen the Samsung guys using it, they seem to like it. A couple of our other techs have Samsung Galaxy's, I'm going to try them and see what happens.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: WEVoip and Motorola Droids - 04/20/17 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelV
I've seen the Samsung guys using it, they seem to like it.

That's because they use it on the SCM, it works much better on that than Officeserv.
Posted By: John807 Re: WEVoip and Motorola Droids - 04/21/17 01:16 AM
Never thought to ask, do the OS and SCM work on different platforms? As in Linux or ?
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: WEVoip and Motorola Droids - 04/21/17 12:08 PM
Linux but different versions, that's where the similarity ends though.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help