atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Arvandops First time setting up VoIP on OS7100 - 04/21/17 04:48 AM
Hi,
This topic may have come up many times before but so far I am still confused.
I have an officeserv 7100, and I recently signed up for VoIP service. Anyone knows how to go about setting it up? I am new to VoIP.
Solutions I found suggest using DM but all default passwords I tried came off as invalid.
Accessing MMC on the phone gives 'Ethernet par not permitted' and 'SIP settings/options not permitted' etc.
I am at the end of my rope here. Help is appreciated.
Posted By: John807 Re: First time setting up VoIP on OS7100 - 04/21/17 05:41 PM
When you say VOIP do you mean SIP? Do you have SIP trunk licences on the 7100?
Sounds like you may not have technician level programming access. You need this to be able to program all of the settings. Plus you need sip licenses and mgi licenses as well. I would contact your vendor for assistance.
Posted By: Arvandops Re: First time setting up VoIP on OS7100 - 04/23/17 01:04 PM
Hi,
I have joined a VoIP provider and they do mention SIP trunking. They provide a number and other login credentials, is this what you're referring to? What do you mean by licenses 'on the 7100'? Are there specific licenses I must obtain?
Posted By: Arvandops Re: First time setting up VoIP on OS7100 - 04/23/17 01:08 PM
My boss was the one who bought the system and he mentioned there to be no given passwords or anything about the technician level programming access. He said that before he got a tech to come and set up the IP-PBX for the company, so the 7100 is working, but now he wants to enable VoIP (I think he means SIP trunking?) on the system as well.
Yes, in order to do this you need to have access to Technician level programming. I would suggest hiring the same people that came out to install the system to do the programming and make it all work correctly. Nameless, is one of the Samsung Moderators is from Australia. Perhaps he can be of assistance to you.
Posted By: A1BizCom Re: First time setting up VoIP on OS7100 - 04/25/17 01:26 PM
There are professionals in every industry. If you need it done correctly, it's always best to hire a professional!
Posted By: Arvandops Re: First time setting up VoIP on OS7100 - 04/25/17 11:58 PM
I think our last and possibly best option is to contact the tech.
Also, how can I get in contact with Nameless?
And I have finally got into technical level programming on the phone (turns out I am just being dumb and it was the default password after all), I just can't seem to access the OfficeServ using DM is all.
Posted By: nameless Re: First time setting up VoIP on OS7100 - 04/27/17 03:11 AM
The company i work for is based in brisbane.
We can organise a tech in NSW to attend site to set this up if you want
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help