atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: icpeanuts Connecting 25 extensions to phone system - 12/03/06 03:19 PM
There are 25 phone wire/extensions for this office. After the cabling run, should those 25 cables be connected to the phone system or to the 66 block?

I am new to phone systems and currently handling this project. I want to get the understanding of who does what and what connect to where.

Please comment. Thanks.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Connecting 25 extensions to phone system - 12/03/06 03:23 PM
they would go to a 66 block then be cross connected to the system

your vendor should be able to handle this for you
Is the people who did the Cabling connect to the 66 block or the Phone System people?

How do you connect the 25 cables to the 66 block? I am new to this and want to find out. I did some search online, but it is very confusing.
The cable installers should terminate wires with RJ jack on client end and punch-block or patch panel in wiring closet. The telephone system will have its own set of punch-block and the telephone installer will crossconnect from telephone system blocks to building cabling blocks. How to terminate the wires was explained by grider in your other post https://www.sundance-communications.../get_topic/f/24/t/000220/p/1.html#000016
Thanks. Quick question. Other than Keystone, what is the other company that makes jacks and other things. It starts with an "O" something like Oritetic

Thanks
Posted By: WRichey Re: Connecting 25 extensions to phone system - 12/04/06 06:15 PM
Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit, Amp, are a few of many many makers of telecom products.

Keystone? I use to think that was a term we used for generic (crap) LOL
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help