atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kjwiewall Fiber crimping tool - 06/23/16 05:34 PM
I've been doing more fiber lately and using a hot melt, I had problems with the ones you slide the fiber in and push together with your fingers are there any crimp tools out there that work good?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Fiber crimping tool - 06/24/16 12:26 AM
We've used the Corning Cabling Unicam system for years. Works well.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Fiber crimping tool - 06/24/16 03:50 AM
I'll second Unicam. I ran a job where we put on 11,388 of them. (A Morgan-Stanley Data Center) If you use the light pen with it you have practically no failures.

Sam
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Fiber crimping tool - 06/24/16 01:52 PM
Unicam. We switched over from hot melt to unicam at the mine and never looked back. Zero failures. You are working twice as hard for the same money when using hot melt.

Rcaman
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Fiber crimping tool - 06/24/16 03:41 PM
I have to agree with the others about Unicam. Tooling and connectors aren't cheap, but they are extremely reliable and require no consumables and hardly any chance for failures.
Posted By: oobie Re: Fiber crimping tool - 06/24/16 07:52 PM
The new leviton FastCam connector are pretty dang nice. You do need a specific cleaving tool but you literally cleave it, clean it and push the fiber in and squeeze your connector to lock it in place. Use a light pen to test and bam your done.
Posted By: kjwiewall Re: Fiber crimping tool - 06/27/16 03:25 PM
Thank you, I knew I was doing alot more work with a hotmelt that's the reason I asked.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Fiber crimping tool - 06/28/16 04:20 AM
We also use the Corning Unicam. No complaints.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help