Posted By: fone32 After 10 years , laid off lack of work - 01/04/09 06:17 AM
Hello to everyone.

I am certified for 10 years on AVAYA,SAMSUNG NORSTAR
and Northern Telecom (Meridian). Can troubleshoot
Data/voice networks,T1's,DSL etc.

I can represent you in CT,MA,NY,RI

Thankyou

DL
DL, I feel for you. Mitel (SX10 to EL 19) for 20 years, assorted TIE, Nitsuko, NEC, Intertel, ITT, OPUS, Iwatsu, certifications. Boom, "Most expensive expendable", goodbye. Just before 9/11. Found new work twice with hospitality service companies. WRONG branch of telecom, no one stayed in motels for 2 years! Finally took serious pay cut, and responsibilities, and went to work for a general telecomm outfit. Don't give up, there's work out there, but you may have to move. But, first, step back and consider all of you finances. Can you pay off the outstanding bills if you get into your savings? How long can you collect unemployment? Can you re-arrange your financial condition to step into a different field. This is where I made my mistake. I panicked because I was 55 and afraid I wouldn't be able to get another job. If I had just 'stepped back' I'd be a LOT better off today!
I owned 75% of 3 different nice houses, that I could sell at any time. I had no significant CC or other debt. 1 Paid for car, in excellent condition. Mom was working, making enough to pay utilities and day to day necessities. I could have gone to work passing out shopping carts @ Wal-Mart, but Nooooo, I HAD to get back into my field of work. BIG MISTAKE. Moved 1500 miles, lost one of the houses to foreclosure, two companies I went to work for went toes up (One of which I tried to bail out, idiot move), bad sickness in family. STEP BACK AND LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!! smile John C.
Posted By: hbiss Re: After 10 years , laid off lack of work - 01/04/09 12:45 PM
If I had any work I would be glad to have you. Where in CT are you?

-Hal
Posted By: fone32 Re: After 10 years , laid off lack of work - 01/04/09 03:59 PM
Lightninghorse WOW !!! Thank you for your input.
Before I leap I will look over the cliff :-)
Posted By: fone32 Re: After 10 years , laid off lack of work - 01/04/09 04:15 PM
Hi Hal,

Thank you for your kind response.
I am North of Hartford CT by the Mass. state border.

I could complain about the improper management that put me in this situation but that would not be very professional. So on a positive note I am hitting the ground running !

I would appreciate any guidance on who would I order installation parts ETC from that offer good prices.

Thanks again,

DL
Posted By: hbiss Re: After 10 years , laid off lack of work - 01/04/09 08:12 PM
I have close relatives in Agawam MA and Long Meadow so I know the area, I'm there avery couple of months or so. About 2 hours from here.

-Hal
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: After 10 years , laid off lack of work - 01/04/09 10:20 PM
I know a Samsung dealer in the Hammonasset area and I am former SNET. PM me if I can help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help