atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: smithdj s-class system update w/ prompts - 10/16/07 06:07 PM
ESI tech support is updating a system for me tonight, from ver. 4.4.0 to 4.7.16 what prompts do i need to upload in the morning help
Posted By: bdunne Re: s-class system update w/ prompts - 10/16/07 09:05 PM
You'll need to upload up to 3 sets of prompts, depending on whether you need Presence management. They're all on the reseller website.
Posted By: grider Re: s-class system update w/ prompts - 10/17/07 05:27 AM
There is a zip file on the reseller site containing prompts 7.17 I believe that is what you need.

I am curious, why is Tech Support loading your software but not your prompts or vice versa. Why not do all of the upgrade yourself. Both the software and the prompts via direct connect.

Let us know how this works out for you.
Posted By: smithdj Re: s-class system update w/ prompts - 10/17/07 02:31 PM
I am kinda new to the ESI and didnt realize, until i got into the software site, that i could have loaded the upgrade myself. I loaded all the prompts today, is there an easier/faster way than one at a time?
Posted By: smithdj Re: s-class system update w/ prompts - 10/17/07 02:34 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for the help, glad to be a part of the forum.
Posted By: grider Re: s-class system update w/ prompts - 10/17/07 02:48 PM
The prompt loading issue is a peeve of mine. The fastest way is to load them all at once and then follow up by reloading the ones that don't survive the first load.

Software and Prompt loading are definitely direct connect operations in my opinion.

One drawback to prompt loading is when you are finished you have no way to test. You just wait till you hit a blank spot then figure out what is not there that should be (which is a trick unto itself) and then reload it. Now having said that loading one missing prompt is OK via modem or network connection.

welcome DJ
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help