atcomsystems.ca/forum
The dates are set; the ESI 2008 Rollout is on April 24 and 25, 2008 in Dallas at the Embassy Suites Hotel Dallas – DFW Airport North at Outdoor World, which is the same location as last year. (It's a great hotel).

Anyone thinking of attending?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ESI RESELLERS: It's that time of year again! - 04/03/08 01:03 PM
I might go.
I am going. already looking for flights and such.

See You There :toast:

Cosmo
I am going with my whole crew, who will be along here shortly to say the same.
See you guys at the rollout.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI RESELLERS: It's that time of year again! - 04/24/08 04:22 PM
I'll be at the Long Beach one on the 30th. But I'm hoping to get some quick info from here over the weekend, I have a couple of prospects in a holding pattern until the roll-out.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ESI RESELLERS: It's that time of year again! - 04/25/08 05:45 AM
Today is the day. I expect hourly updates, pictures etc wink
Since it's the day "of", I'll spill what I know. We've beta tested the new CS-50Lite and the CS-50(heavy) replacements for the S-Class. The Lite will be the direct replacement with basically the same specs, just with a modified version of the Comm server software. No more IVX! The "heavy" is more interesting, it's still a S-Class config 4x8x2 and takes the same cards, but also has a DLC82 card option, T1/PRI x 8 digital x 2 analog. Also the NSP port can be activated (for a fee) to be an IP "port card" (no addiitional IVC required)! It will do up to 12 IP "connections" and can combine ESI-Link and remote IP stations.

Blue hued backlit phones are also being rolled out. Cool, but I've never had anyone ask for one? Can be turned on or off. Also what they called a "crow" phone which will be the new phone across the board, I think. It simply solves issues with older phones where the LED's and display would not update properly when you were on long or poor cable runs. Some component is now being purchased from another manufacturer to solve the distance issues. We've used a lot of these in recent months with a big client!

"Genesis" software application (will probably stil be beta) is an online configuration/estimating application that still needs some work.

An "ECM" Bluetooth device that is still in beta, that allows you to connect a cellphone to the PBX via bluetooth and route incoming calls from the cell phone to any station. You can also dial out thru the cellphone (great when your T1 is down). Kinda cool but not a necessary item.

I've heard of some other things, but that is what I've seen with my own eyes.
ESI Link is being enhanced to allow for unified numbering plan between locations- no more cabinet numbers required. There is a also a higher bandwidth Codec being used for ESI-Link on the new CS50. It's the same codec as the Remote IP feature phones. The new software for the CS100 and up will support both codecs for ESI Link.
I was there with 3/4 of my crew.

During the technical/development forum, I did not gat the chance to ask my question. Never would anyone here guess, but it was about a backlit phone option.

I have a remote phone at my house in my office and it is hard to see the display from the door. I just wondered about the backlight option, so I asked one of the ESI fellas, (can't remember who) about the backlight after the forum was over. Let me say, he had a darn good poker face, claimed ignorance and told me to send the suggestion in.

Five minutes later in his presentation what do you know we have backlit phones!! He called me out and said that it was the quickest suggestion to implementation I would see. I'll be swapping mine out in a few weeks.
just can back and all i can say is WOW!!! can you so that with a xxxx (insert name here)?
Originally posted by Winetech:
just can back and all i can say is WOW!!! can you so that with a xxxx (insert name here)?
With all due respect,

HUH??! :shrug:

laugh
Originally posted by 5years&counting:
Originally posted by Winetech:
[b] just can back and all i can say is WOW!!! can you so that with a xxxx (insert name here)?
With all due respect,

HUH??! :shrug:

laugh [/b]
My thoughts exactly!
I think what he's saying is....

I went to the ESI rollout and he was excited with all of the new features. That being said, the new features and equipment can be put up against any other manufacturers line (xxxx) and the other line may not have the same features as the ESI.

That's my interpretation not my opinion!
Amazing the difference a couple of missing letters make!!
An excellent example of the success PhoneSol has in the art of sales. Makes me want to buy one right away, I just need to sell these 3 56s's hanging on the wall? :rofl:

BTW Winetech, we are just having fun with you! Did the flight back to North Bay, CA serve drinks?
Are the Backlit phones backwards compatible?
New here to the board and just wanted to say I am glad to here that roll out was a success. ESI is a great product from what I here. Have a great day.

Ryan
I just got many of the details on the rollout from someone who talked to someone who went. Wow! They've really added a number of cool features and options! Way to go, ESI. Hopefully they can get all of the existing CS stuff bug-free, and make the new stuff bug-free as well.

Justin
Originally posted by Jackal:
Are the Backlit phones backwards compatible?
Yes, there are completely backward compatible.
sorry just doing too many things at one time. what i was saying is does anyone have anything close to what ESI is doing with Bluetooth
You mean to tell me that I can now purchase a backlit 48 Key phone and install on my IVX-256x system? Just wanting to clarify this a little more as this could be very useful for certain locations in the building, especially in the event of a power outtage.
yes, except you can't turn it off and on, it's on all the time
Just returned from rollout. Here is a hottie to make you drool.

Imagine walking into your office and sitting down at your desk and all calls that ordinarily would ring your cell phone instead now ring your desk phone. No buttons to push-nothing! When your in range it happens when your away it reverts back to ringing your cell as usual. BTW, you can place outgoing calls using your ESI phone in combination with your cell phone number. If you have a 4 line system and 4 company cell phones, if everyone is in the office, bingo you now have an 8 line system, even if all you have is one 482 port card.

Cool HUH?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help