atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gambitfw Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 12:25 PM
With the rollout next week, does anybody want to throw out the rumors/facts/secrets that may or may not be presented next week?
Posted By: upstateny Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 12:29 PM
I heard they are coming out with a CS50 to replace the S Class. It will do PRI and VOIP from the rumors i hear.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 12:48 PM
we've beta tested some new stuff, upstate's on the right track, the replacement(s) will be a welcome addition. Some of the other stuff is being kept pretty tight to the chest, but I know some of it's gonna be pretty cool!

We know that all of the manufacturers need to advance the product line every year, but we also think that the technical side could devote some attention to some lingering issues with the CS line that need to be addressed and lighten up on the new additions!
Posted By: gambitfw Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 12:49 PM
Actually 2 versions, CS50 and a CS50 Light. One will be for analog only and the other will be an onboard PRI only. I haven't heard the VOIP part, but i think it will do ACD.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 01:05 PM
Like the Hertz commercial says....

"Not Exactly!" :rofl:
Posted By: gambitfw Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 01:34 PM
I agree with PhoneSol on fixing the CS series. I'm running 4 here on my campus all esi-linked. The 4 digit dialing was a welcom addtion, but I'm still chasing bugs. I've even got the dreaded "Invalid message counter/pointer" running around on one of them.
Posted By: SST Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 05:49 PM
Backlight phones are rumored to be on the menu.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/17/08 06:01 PM
hmmmmm I seem to have seen some blue backlit 24 and 48's SST! I think you're onto something! :banana:

Back to the CS issues with Gambit, we've had numerous HD failures in the 600 and 1000's recently, some are fairly new, another was over a year old. Looses ports, VM goes flaky and you loose all of the prompts. Believe me when I say the gang is not happy @ Phone Solutions.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/18/08 03:54 AM
I would like to see an ' opx adapter' take a digital port and make it analog.

also, fix the CS...
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/18/08 04:17 AM
All of the sales reps just got trained last week on the new products but are doing a pretty good job on keeping things secrect, other than what has been out and beta'd.

I would guess that they'd almost have to have a SIP trunk card this time, since everyone else does. Also some upgrades/mods to VIP.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/19/08 02:29 AM
I'm not able to make it to the Dallas Rollout, however I may show up to the one in LA.

As for my wish list:

1. Some form of Advanced E911 (Like Cisco's Emergency Responder)

2. SIP Trunk card.

3. "S Class" Needs some upgrades to keep up with other entry level systems out there.
Posted By: windy13 Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/20/08 02:02 PM
Originally posted by PhoneSol:
hmmmmm I seem to have seen some blue backlit 24 and 48's SST! I think you're onto something! :banana:

Back to the CS issues with Gambit, we've had numerous HD failures in the 600 and 1000's recently, some are fairly new, another was over a year old. Looses ports, VM goes flaky and you loose all of the prompts. Believe me when I say the gang is not happy @ Phone Solutions.
Saw the same problem with hard drives 10 years ago, we had a bad run with a manufacture called Telekol. If my memorary is correct, this happened when they went to "maxtor"

Windy
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/20/08 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Aircom KC:
I'm not able to make it to the Dallas Rollout, however I may show up to the one in LA.

As for my wish list:

1. Some form of Advanced E911 (Like Cisco's Emergency Responder)

2. SIP Trunk card.

3. "S Class" Needs some upgrades to keep up with other entry level systems out there.
1. Doubt it, although I've been hearing more and more about these requirements
2. I asked too, maybe not a "card" but some kinds of SIP support is brewing
3. Keith, you'll like the replacement(s) for the C-Class!
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/20/08 06:42 PM
Originally posted by windy13:
Originally posted by PhoneSol:
[b] hmmmmm I seem to have seen some blue backlit 24 and 48's SST! I think you're onto something! :banana:

Saw the same problem with hard drives 10 years ago, we had a bad run with a manufacture called Telekol. If my memorary is correct, this happened when they went to "maxtor"

Windy [/b]
The ones we're having issues with are Fujitsu, and we've had more than our share of failures.
Posted By: gambitfw Re: Guesses or wishlists at the rollout - 04/21/08 07:22 AM
One my 600's here, I've only had one hard drive failure, and that wasn't so much the hard drive as a bad load of software was moved to slot 1 and slot 2 was deleted. That took out both the primary and secondary. We spent the next 8 hours rebuilding the system programming by hand, 260 extensions worth.

My Comm Server problems have been more about cards randomly going off-line and the "invalid message count" issue, which keeps VM messages from being left.

I'm testing 4 digit dialing across the esi-link with the flexible numbering, and so far, it's been a so-so experience. It's clunky to setup, but it's been working, as long as the IT people quit messing with the network.

I also think now that ESI is moving into bigger sites, they need to open up to 3rd party developers more. Especially in the form or call recording or call capture. Either the capture has to be before the system on the circuits with only caller ID and time to track the call or at the station on the way to the handset. Granted, something like TAPIT from Trisys can capture SMDR output after the call and they also have recording software that can match-up those calls, but it does not interface directly with the phone system for true accuracy. Also with a direct interface, they may be able to increase the feature set of VIP for a "true" unified messaging experience.

Just my $.02 worth on that.

I am looking forward to a PRI on the smaller CS50 S-Class replacement system and I did find out that it will be able to handle 12 remote channels total, Esi-link and IP phones combined.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help