atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steve Mull CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/21/14 05:13 PM
Having issues with a guest mailbox, every once in a while instead of playing the mailbox greeting it will play a message in this box as the greeting???
Posted By: Rcaman Re: CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/21/14 05:48 PM
I had one like this. Had to replace the memory module.

Rcaman
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/21/14 06:07 PM
I just replaced it 3 months ago, they were having really strange VM issues, stranger than messages playing as greeting.It only seems to do it on this one mailbox.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/21/14 07:51 PM
Yes, it starts with one mail box and then spreads to others.

You might try and make another Guest MB and have the client use that one and see if things start to go weird in the new one.

When it happened to me, it was only one mail box and I thought I'd just change the box, but after a week or two it started to affect several boxes.

Giving this more thought, did you back up the system and load the back-up on the new memory module? I'm just thinking, if you did, you may have imported a problem from the old memory module to the new memory module from the back-up.

Rcaman
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/22/14 05:10 PM
That is what I did, I wonder if I re-initialize and program from scratch if that will help ?
Posted By: nonameyet Re: CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/22/14 07:38 PM
have ESI run an Orphaned message check.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/23/14 05:29 PM
Do what Brian said first. If that doesn't work, default the system and program from scratch. Make the customer aware that they will lose all voice mail messages and programming.

Rcaman
Posted By: BigJon1023 Re: CS 200 mailbox issue - 01/29/14 12:32 AM
I had similar issues on a busy 1000. After replacing drives multiple times, ESI had some software patch that dealt with how the drives were being written to or something of that nature. I have not heard a complaint in the last month and a half.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help