atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AMOS-Austin Adix VS - 08/16/08 10:45 AM
Hello,

I just bought a adix vs phone system with 7 phones.

I want to add voice mail soon, but i have heard that the omega voice for the VS is a pain to program.

This is my first Iwatsu, I have worked with ESI, NEC, Nortel and some ATT, Avaya.

I can understand most telephone technical terms.

Phone systems are like a part time hobby for me.
Posted By: AMOS-Austin Re: Adix VS - 08/16/08 10:46 AM
My question was:
What is the best and easiest voice mail to use?
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Adix VS - 08/17/08 09:22 AM
The best voicemail system for the VS is the VS-VML, the one someone says is a pain. It is designed specifically for this switch. Iwatsu later developed an adapter card which would allow the use of it in the full-sized switches. I work with several different voicemail systems, and I find the VS-VML to be one of the easier systems to configure and manipulate. (I may be a bit biased, however).

Since you only have two analog ports to work with, you may be limited to only a few stand-alone systems. While it may be possible to integrate some other system to the switch, it would mean re-programming all the voicemail settings in the switch, which are default settings for the VS-VML.

The VS-VML isn't really any easier or more difficult to program than any other voicemail system assuming you have the proper programmers and a little experience with the way Iwatsu goes about things.
Posted By: Undrhil Re: Adix VS - 09/24/08 04:58 PM
Not to mention that the VS-VML comes configured for the ADIX-VS system, whereas any other voicemail system would have to be configured, in addition to configuring the VS. With the VS-VML, all you have to do is the company configuration: create mailboxes (with the new 128MB card .. the old cards were fixed at mailboxes 201-250), create menus (if needed/wanted) and configure the day/night time off-hook scheduling. With any other voicemail (a LINGO for instance) you would have to configure the voicemail to look for certain DTMF signals the VS would be sending to it, depending on the type of call that is going to the voicemail. There would be other config to do as well.

Stick with the VS-VML ... it'll be better in the long run, because, as was mentioned by JBean, if you decide in the future to upgrade to the full ADIX-APS system or the ADIX E-CS system, you can get an adaptor card which will allow you to bring your voicemail with you to the new system without losing any settings in it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help