atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jockeyjoc Music Over Phone System - 09/29/08 07:01 PM
Hello I am new to this site and I look for finding info here. I am an IT Director for a school in North Texas. And I have just bought and had installed 100 Iwatsu phones with the PBX server and we are looking for a software that would allow us to play music for (x) amount of time to tell our students that class has dismissed and then when it stops that means that class has resumed. Surely someone has done this for a factory or another business that when break time starts and stops.
Posted By: KLD Re: Music Over Phone System - 09/29/08 07:43 PM
welcome Jockeyjoc to the BB.

Try looking at the Viking product line....seems to me they have a time/tone unit for factories etc. Call them and they may have an answer for you. In TX call Todd Baca at TeleDynamics (800) 847-5629.

Good Luck. :dance:
Posted By: metelcom Re: Music Over Phone System - 09/29/08 07:56 PM
Sorry Ken I deleted the same time you did.

Viking has a programmable clock CTG-1 but the problem comes in wanting a preset time for it to stay on. If you didn't mind the same melody you could do it with a CD or MP3 player on a timer. I have done this in a few schools and it never worked out very well its hard to find a source that everyone can agree on and that will play the right length for each class change.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help