atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: doubledown ZTD - 06/25/10 07:38 AM
I've come across a ZT-D system for the first time. The customer added a new extension, but the phone is not working properly. The card was added by a tech a year ago from a different company, but this is the first phone they have connected to the card since then. The top of the phone works (the DSS keys), but the bottom half does not (the dial pad and fixed feature keys). The phone is a known working phone, I hooked it up to another card and it works, I've also tried to hook it up to different ports on the new card and the same thing goes on. Anyone come across this before?
Posted By: mingo1964 Re: ZTD - 06/25/10 09:23 AM
It still needs to be programmed for that port on the card.
Posted By: doubledown Re: ZTD - 06/25/10 11:51 AM
Any way to copy and paste programming from an existing phone to this phone? I have not had to deal with a ZTD system yet.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ZTD - 06/25/10 12:58 PM
NOPE! If it has an SDIFC, I think I've still got a programmer for the 6.0 someplace for computer programming. IT'S A DOS program. Otherwise, get out the book and have fun! The default for the phone is 24D. But, in my experience, any ZTD key phone will work on a default 24D port, just can't reach the soft button programming that's above the number of keys on phone. Note that this is a 2 pair system and if you have a pair turned over, they sometimes do strange things, though they usually work. Truly, I'd suspect the station card!
Posted By: doubledown Re: ZTD - 06/25/10 02:59 PM
I had them switch out the cards and the same thing happened. I just find it weird that the top half of the phone works but the dial pad does not. They don't have a DSS to program on and my company threw away the one that came with the company we bought out. If it is programming what section would it possibly be? Would the station type(03) really have that affect on the phone?
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: ZTD - 06/25/10 05:03 PM
Station type- Program 03 is probably the most important setting for a ZTD. Keep in mind, there were two releases of keyphone, each with different button layouts and hard-coded features, along with LCD displays and non-display phones. It is imperative that you program this correctly. If you don't, the second most important program, No 78- keypad programming is difficult at best to get working.
Posted By: doubledown Re: ZTD - 06/28/10 03:24 PM
Okay the company is going to by a DSS of their own. Now when I go to program it, I want the KT on extension 120 and the DSS on 121. I read something also about 122, do I need something on that extension or just have it idle? They will have 32 digital stations with this new card and 8 SLT's. Your help has been appreciated.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ZTD - 06/28/10 03:33 PM
Ahhh, SO YOU ARE AT 40 STATIONS? JBean, isnt there something that has to be done when you go past 16 X 32 in the 2464 cabinet? Something obscure? I only ran into it once and the 33-64 stations wouldn't work. Also, what about checking that he has a 'C' power supply? It's been 10 years since I've even seen one, let alone work on one! It was a good tough system,lacking only CID. John C.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: ZTD - 06/29/10 04:06 PM
John, don't ever let anyone question your memory.

There is a jumper that sometimes needs to be clipped on the backboard of the cabinet to activate the second 'group' of extensions. I'll need to check a manual to identify the specific jumper, though.

Doubledown, you probably won't need the second DSS. Just hope that ext 121 is still programmed as a DSS and not a regular extension. You can use the jacks on the KSU backboard for programming, just disconnect the wiring for the customer's set at extension 120.
Posted By: doubledown Re: ZTD - 07/06/10 02:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I haven't gotten the DSS unit in yet to program, but I may have some more questions when I go to program this thing. I have the manual but I might need some clarification. Rather be safe than sorry.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ZTD - 07/06/10 02:52 PM
Make sure that ext 122 is unplugged or otherwise disabled. It is the second DSS programmer port when you need to reach upper extensions and some other functions!
Posted By: doubledown Re: ZTD - 07/14/10 07:48 AM
Well I got the extension programmed to the correct phone and everything is working good. Thanks for your help JB and Lightninghorse. I just have one more question. How do you change the names on the extensions? I've looked through the manual but didn't see anything. I might have just skimmed over it by mistake, but if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: ZTD - 07/14/10 03:34 PM
Station names are found in Program 91, Item 3 (I think...been a while)
Posted By: doubledown Re: ZTD - 07/20/10 03:45 PM
You are the man Jbean. Thanks for all the help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help