atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gutmcha Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/28/12 09:37 AM
customer would like to have at lunch time should be a different auto attendant greeting, what is the best way to have this setup? currently the system rings an incoming call group for 10 seconds then it overflows to auto attendant 907, for lunch (12-1pm) he wants the incoming call to answer immediately with a different greeting notifying the caller that they called during lunch hour and employees might not be at their desks

Thanks in advance
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/28/12 04:46 PM
Create another auto attendant menu, say 908, program it to answer at lunch time in the Off Hook Schedules tab, program the lines in question to ring to the voice mail hunt group during night mode then have the attendant set the phone system to night mode manually from 12 to 1.
Posted By: gutmcha Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/29/12 05:01 AM
problem is they currently use a night auto attendant already.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/29/12 06:20 AM
Use the Holiday override mailbox 975 and have them manually turn it on and off for lunch time. If they are already using mailbox greeting #1 for holiday, use one of the remaining greetings.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/29/12 03:19 PM
All the 'NIGHT' button does is change where the call rings into, be it a station, station hunt group or the voice mail hunt group. The scheduling tab in the voice mail system will dictate which greeting callers hear. If you set greeting number 90x to play from noon till one, callers will hear greeting 90x. After hours, callers will hear 90y- your normal after hours greeting.
Posted By: gutmcha Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/29/12 07:37 PM
Thanks, i did set the timing in the scheduling and that works great. one last question, can i have a night button on an extension that isnt an attendant? if yes how can i set that, i see that i can only set the night change button on pattern 1025 and up but when i try to use pattern 1025 on extension 120 none of the buttons work for that extension, the phone for ext 120 is icon ix5810
Posted By: TelecomGirl Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/30/12 08:49 AM
An extension must be configured as an attendant, and have an attendant key pattern to be able to have a "Night Change" key.
Posted By: gutmcha Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/30/12 10:08 AM
How can i set 120 as an attendant
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Lunch Auto Attendant greeting - 03/30/12 01:45 PM
You'll have to change the configuration of the logical port extension 120 is on to an attendant in Class 1
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help