atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DigiZen Viking E-10A Speaker Telephone - 01/25/16 09:16 PM
I'm new to the Iwatsu Adix system and want to make sure I have this right. Client has an Iwatsu Adix system with 2-IX-408 & 1-IX044 cards. The client purchased 2-Viking E-10A Speaker Telephones in lieu of the Doorphones. From what I see, I either hook them up to unused SLT ports on the IX-044 cards and add a dialer like the Viking K-1900-5, or I hook them up to unused trunk ports on the IX-408 card with the addition of a ringdown generator like the Viking DLE-200B. Is this a correct assessment and are there specific pros or cons to one way or the other with this Iwatsu system? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Viking E-10A Speaker Telephone - 01/25/16 11:44 PM
Hook them up to unused ports on the 044 card. The trunk ports won't provide any talk battery. Treat them like any other SLT phone. You could even program it to ring a phone by going off-hook, so the dialer may not be necessary.
Posted By: DigiZen Re: Viking E-10A Speaker Telephone - 01/26/16 02:28 AM
Thanks! I've hooked them up to SLT ports on the 044 card.They work perfectly dialing out to their respective extensions. On the reverse, if I press the talk button on the Viking unit, I get system dialtone, but I don't see how to automatically ring a phone by going off hook, that's why I thought I needed a dialer. What Classes should I look at?
Posted By: KRRath Re: Viking E-10A Speaker Telephone - 01/26/16 06:11 AM
Look at Class 10.09 for Prime Line Access. You can enter extension numbers or hunt groups in this field (besides the traditional line group). We have this set-up at a Fire Station, where it rings the office hunt group.
Posted By: DigiZen Re: Viking E-10A Speaker Telephone - 01/26/16 07:02 PM
Class 10.09 worked perfectly! Thanks for the assistance!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help