atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Keyset6 'Camp On' displays instead of Caller ID - 08/12/17 08:16 PM
On an ECS with 408 cards the customer got the Camp On display on line 1. I swapped trunks (loop start from cable co.) and line 1 still showed Camp On, while line 2 did show the CID. Reset the 408 card, then it was working for about a day on line 1. It's happening again - according to the customer's history we have I believe an entire system reset was done in 2015 for the same trouble, scheduled automatically after hours. I wonder if that's the only remedy, or could the 408 card be n/g?
How are incoming calls processed? Are they DIL to a group, sent to an auto attendant or sent to an extension?

Does this show up on the display at random times, or is something else triggereing this?
Posted By: Keyset6 Re: 'Camp On' displays instead of Caller ID - 08/13/17 11:53 PM
Auto attendant answers first. I just thought of this - when pressing the USAT (not sure I have the term right - it displays a log on the phone of all calls into the system) I'm quite sure every CID displayed, never saw Camp On when pressing * to scroll backwards. I believe it is consistent just on line 1 (A CO appearance on the phones)- at least that's how it was last week. They've reported that the trouble returned, so I assume it's the same, will find out when I go on site.
Posted By: Keyset6 Re: 'Camp On' displays instead of Caller ID - 08/14/17 07:27 PM
Went to the site today - customer said it hasn't happened since Friday. Made many tests calls, could not reproduce the trouble. Being new to Iwatsu I now know there's an automatic system reset feature, This one is set for 4a.m. daily. Maybe that cleared the trouble? But last week the trouble occurred for a few days until I reset the 408 card. I wonder if like Rolm systems - the system will not reset if there's at least one active connection. I'll try it in the shop PBX.
Depending on your voicemail settings, 'Camp On Call' can be a normal indication from a call transferred by the voicemail system. Normally it would depend on whether the call was transferred to a direct extension or to a hunt group, but in an case it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help