atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CPK Admin Password problem - 06/30/04 06:45 AM
I have recently had to change the password on our phone system (our telecom guy no longer works for us) and I've run into a problem. This is an Executone IDS 228 Model 15200 (?) running Eclipse 2.0.0.

I went into 'K' Change Password and went to line 8 (Manager) to change the manager's password. It allowed me to put in the new password twice, but when I logged out I can't get back in with either the new or the old password. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: pvj Re: Admin Password problem - 06/30/04 06:53 AM
How about the lower level passwords do they still work? Is it possible that you mis spelt the new password you put in?
Posted By: CPK Re: Admin Password problem - 06/30/04 06:56 AM
Unfort. I don't know any of the other passwords. I have tried every combination I could think of for misspelling of the password and still no luck. I'm still trying combo's, but if I did type it wrong twice, what are the odds I'll find it again?
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Admin Password problem - 06/30/04 09:21 AM
Is there a chance that a Cap on the first letter of your password?? I don't know that program works but it happens on a lot on other programs that need passwords (case sensitive)

just a passing thought. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: CPK Re: Admin Password problem - 06/30/04 09:28 AM
I've tried different combinations of case, spelling, and punctuation. Thinking I held shift too long, didn't actually hit it, that kind of thing. I am just having no luck what-so-ever getting back into this system.

I have 3 other Executone systems that I am supposed to be changing the passwords for - and I'm afraid to touch them now. Is there anyway to reset the manager (line 8 on K screen) password? Thanks!
Posted By: CPK Re: Admin Password problem - 07/07/04 09:42 AM
As it turns out - the password max length looks to be 8. Simple enough I guess. Thanks anyway folks.

[This message has been edited by CPK (edited July 07, 2004).]
Posted By: Frankiephones Re: Admin Password problem - 07/13/04 01:48 PM
if you need level 9 or 10 passwords i have them. with them you can change anything you want
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help