atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 2connect IDS42 - 03/17/05 06:51 AM
Need to stop ringing on co lines 1&2, never been in this program, is it menu driven?
Also, may try to dial in how many rings before the modem answers? And is in Line 1.
While in programming will it take the KSU offline?
Finally, to program on site I understand that you simply attach DB25 to DB9 cable. Is this done powered up? I did not see a on off switch on the unit?

Thanks all,
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: IDS42 - 03/17/05 11:52 AM
Need to stop ringing on co lines 1&2, never been in this program, is it menu driven?
YES

Also, may try to dial in how many rings before the modem answers? MUST BE TRANSFERED OR PROGRAMMED TO ALWAYS ANSWER

And is in Line 1.

While in programming will it take the KSU offline?
NO

Finally, to program on site I understand that you simply attach DB25 to DB9 cable. Is this done powered up?
YES
I did not see a on off switch on the unit?
POWER SWITCH? NONE
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS42 - 03/17/05 12:10 PM
The internal modem has to be setup to answer.If you call in you can transfer to the internal modem with a Transfer 99.The default internal modem is 300 baud,with an optional card its 1200 baud.
Either way you need a program such as procomm or xtalk to talk to the system.Do a search on procommm and you'll see how to set it up.Don't try Hyperterminal it won't work properly.
Do you know the system password?Without it you won't get far.
The ringing is assigned on the A screen station programming on a per station basis.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited March 17, 2005).]
Posted By: 2connect Re: IDS42 - 03/17/05 01:20 PM
Thanks to all for your help, just went in blind and found my way through and selected N (Ringing) for lines 1-2 in Day Mode.
next step is to have all exts. grab line 1 for all outging calls. And program DSS Keys.

Happy St. Patricks Day
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help