atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a customer who has an IDS 228 and one extension that goes into the 'Message Mode' by itself.
The phone is a Model 32 and if they press the '*' key it goes back out of Message Mode.
I've moved the extension to a different port and the customer replaced the phone.
Any ideas ??
So, music on hold is activating... The * key normally toggles it on and off. Most often the culprit is someone simply hitting the * key by accident...If this were my customer I'd ask them to simply turn it off when it "automatically" activates.
Mike
No, The display indicates the phone is in "Message Mode'. I know that the * key toggles BGM off & on.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Phone going into Message Mode by itself - 04/30/10 04:35 PM
I suspect either a bad phone, line cord or cable issue. I would start there. If cords look good connections look good swap the phone with a like phone if problem follows replace the phone if it stays on the same ext it could be the port you could move the ext in the F-screen and move the cross connect to keep it the same ext number. If all the above fail roll card wit a like card if you have another in the system and see if that port on the moved card start having the same issue if so it's the card.
Posted By: tylerpd1 Re: Phone going into Message Mode by itself - 05/06/10 06:43 PM
Terry, reverse pair 1.

Tyler
The customer already tried a different phone and I moved it to a different port, different card in the cabinet.
I'll keep plugging away at it!!
Posted By: juno Re: Phone going into Message Mode by itself - 05/07/10 12:36 PM
Terry you may have to change Ext. # Ihad same touble many years ago. On a Ids 42.
Juno
Posted By: juno Re: Phone going into Message Mode by itself - 05/07/10 12:39 PM
One other think check prm. keys change phone type and see if msg. key is pgm on a unused button.
Juno
Posted By: juno Re: Phone going into Message Mode by itself - 05/07/10 12:39 PM
One other think check prm. keys change phone type and see if msg. key is pgm on a unused button.
Juno
Terry, Did you ever see an IDS phone running on 3 Wires? I know what you are thinking, it takes 2 Pairs, You couldn't wire one from the get-go on 3 Wires and make it work. But, I'm betting on a Cabling Issue. unplug the phone, pull the bridge clips, short each pair on the cable side at the MDF, and measure for an Open Pair at the Jack end.

My 2 cents.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help