atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: merbesfield Clueless in Atlanta - 10/28/14 10:48 PM
I run a construction business and we have an antique EZ1 system. We cannot find anyone who knows how to repair or program the phones. All of the sudden, we only have one phone that rings and when someone is on it we get nothing. Big problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: pvj Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/28/14 10:57 PM
Do you have a model number?It is probably on the side of the main box. Is the box metal or plastic?Either way I think the only way you are going to program this is with a system phone and a programming overlay.Is it possible that it lost power and then lost the programming?It's very old and could have a dead battery inside the box that is suppose to backup the memory.
Posted By: mc601 Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 12:30 PM
Sounds like in default for sure like PVJ said need to know system type and can assist from there
Posted By: merbesfield Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 01:54 PM
It has a metal cover. No one ever told us to put it on battery backup, duh. It is on a surge protector. Where can I find the overlay template? There is a RJ plug in bottom right corner of secondary panel that says STA 32 PRGM. Should we trash the system and buy new or is it worth the effort to solve the current problem?
Posted By: pvj Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 02:06 PM
Let me say it's old very old.I believe there is a small ni cad battery inside the cabinet that is responsible for the memory of the system.If you reprogram the system without changing it or adding a battery backup system then you will be right back here on the next power loss.If it was me I would replace it.It's probably over 20 years old!
Posted By: mc601 Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 02:24 PM
Sent you 2 PM's send email address and I can send you overlays for programming system. There is no Battery in a EZ36 system program is held via a cab that is suppose to charge up and hold memory. But would put on BBU going forward to help during power outages. You find PM's by clicking on MY STUFF on bar at top.

There should be a display on the bottom of the system if it's a EZ36 system if not then it's a EZ18 system and you just have to program in the dark so to speak. Have those overlays as well.
If you want a quote on replacement can get you that as well.
Posted By: pvj Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 02:26 PM
No battery in the 36?I think there is ,it was a while after that that super caps started being used.
And a metal cabinet means it is a system 36 not an 18

Heres a pic the battery is brown just under the power transformer at the top right

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Isoetec-EZ...ne_Sets_Handsets&hash=item566b952a92
Posted By: mc601 Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 02:37 PM
Maintenance section of 36 manual: 5.3.3
The battery (capacitor) voltage , measured with voltmeter should indicate 3.5 to 4.2 volts when fully charged with battery switch open. There is no adjustment.

Either way it's soldered on to the mother board of main cabinet and have no idea (schematic) of which one it is.
Cool just saw your link so it can be replaced. That's a good thing.
Posted By: pvj Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 03:17 PM
Sounds like you both are in Atlanta and mc601 could help you out.Those old phones are notorious for buttons that need replacing.
Posted By: mc601 Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 03:41 PM
pvj yes I'm in Atl (Well North of Atl in Canton) Sent merbesfield 2 PM's waiting to see if sends contact info back
Tks

Posted By: merbesfield Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by mc601
Sent you 2 PM's send email address and I can send you overlays for programming system. There is no Battery in a EZ36 system program is held via a cab that is suppose to charge up and hold memory. But would put on BBU going forward to help during power outages. You find PM's by clicking on MY STUFF on bar at top.

There should be a display on the bottom of the system if it's a EZ36 system if not then it's a EZ18 system and you just have to program in the dark so to speak. Have those overlays as well.
If you want a quote on replacement can get you that as well.

Yes here is a digital display at the bottom. Going to PM's now. For some reason I am not getting email notifications when posts are made to this thread. Thanks
Posted By: mc601 Re: Clueless in Atlanta - 10/29/14 09:42 PM
Sent you another PM and email should be able to take care of it for you
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help