atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Frankiephones Point to Point T-1 - 12/04/14 02:46 PM
I have Eclipse 3.0 in both systems and have T-1 cards installed. I am using a TDM over IP device to break out a T-1.
A few questions i have.

DO i need to use a Kentrox on each side ?

What is the T-1 Type ? I assume TIE

What is line type ?

Any other useful tips would be appreciated.
Posted By: mc601 Re: Point to Point T-1 - 12/04/14 06:06 PM
Should be 01 I do believe. And no you can get by without Kentrox

Line Type 1
This Line Type is used with tie lines or T1 when the need for a wink start on incoming calls, and return supervision on
answer is required.
NOTE
Use line type 001 for tie lines that are part of the Transparent Intercom Dialing scheme.
Posted By: Frankiephones Re: Point to Point T-1 - 12/08/14 03:47 PM
Thanks MC. Does anyone else have any knowledge on this subject ? I am trying to use a TDM over IP device to transport the T-1 over a 100Mg circuit between 2 offices. In theory it looks fairly straight forward.

One IDS 648 will be the master and the other the Slave. Clocking will be done by the master. Do i need to make a crossover cable going into the second location ? Or is it as simple as plugging in both sides and programming my T-1 type ?
I cant find much data on this subject.
Posted By: mc601 Re: Point to Point T-1 - 12/08/14 05:19 PM
Believe you just would just plug in regular cable on both
ends and doing the programming.
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: Point to Point T-1 - 12/10/14 09:10 PM
I'm curious what you're using to mux up that T1 onto your 100M circuit... sounds like a fun toy. smile

Shouldn't need a crossover cable but definitely watch your autoneg settings - they can drive you batty.
Posted By: tylerpd1 Re: Point to Point T-1 - 12/22/14 01:56 PM
Frank, find user "jjmaly", he can do this in his sleep.

Posted By: Frankiephones Re: Point to Point T-1 - 12/29/14 04:00 PM
I sent a message and an email to him. Tyler, do you remember if a Kentrox is needed on either system or both systems ?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help