atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: igendreau Newbie Advice Needed - Multi-Location - 04/03/13 01:10 AM
I just took over telecom for my new company and need some advice from people who know what they're doing...

We have a corporate office with a 12 year old phone system. Very limited features by today's standard. No auto-attendant or anything like that. Our receptionist answers all calls and forwards them to the extension.

We are opening two retail stores. Minor communications needs. Just a couple lines to handle calls and a voicemail.

What we'd like to do is have 1 800 number that people call. You get a "If you want Store A, Press 1... Store B, Press 2... Store C, Press 3". Then the call is transferred to the appropriate building and calls are handled as normal... no need for bells and whistles yet.

Maybe I'm crazy, but shouldn't there be a virtual service that does this sort of thing? I have vendors calling me about every new $30K Phone system I need to buy.

Heard about Grasshopper, not sure if that's an option. But I need reliable. This isn't a 2 person operation. We have 40 in our main location and 4 are going in each retail store. We will gladly spend 50 grand on a phone system if the retail stores are successful and grow.

If anyone has any advice, I could use some. Many thanks!
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Newbie Advice Needed - Multi-Location - 04/03/13 01:25 AM
Your the perfect situation for a Hosted PBS. Will do every you need and then some.
Grasshopper is not the answer..
Tell me where your located and I can recomened a couple of good companies.
Ken
Posted By: igendreau Re: Newbie Advice Needed - Multi-Location - 04/03/13 01:32 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I'm located in Morgantown, PA.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Newbie Advice Needed - Multi-Location - 04/04/13 12:39 AM
PM sent
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Newbie Advice Needed - Multi-Location - 04/05/13 02:13 AM
Hi,

Can you tell us how many phones in each office/store?
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: Newbie Advice Needed - Multi-Location - 07/24/13 10:12 PM
Hi Ian - I remember you from High Point. Pretty sure I worked on that old Vodavi system your employer had back in the day too.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help