atcomsystems.ca/forum
Can anyone recommend a good NVR?

I have some no name Chinese box and it will record a piece of video and just randomly skip parts during the recording.

I have a suspicious car trespass on my property, I show it driving down the road, turning to enter my property, entering my property then the video will skip ahead like 40 seconds to where the car is leaving the property skipping exactly what they were doing.

The NVR is set to record everything and alert to motion. I don't know why it will skip.

There have been other times in which the doorbell rings in the middle of the night, no one at the door, I check the Cameras and it will skip over the 15 seconds before and after the door bell rings.

I think it does this all the time but I don't notice unless I have a reason to review the Cameras and constantly getting the recorded video skipped over. The navigation in this system also is constantly freezing or lagging extremely even when navigating directly from the NVR and monitor connected right in the NVR.

It is recording 9 Cameras and maybe it does not have the RAM or buffer needed to do this? I'm not sure what the problem is.

Have you guys seen stuff like this before? Any solutions?

Thanks.
Do you have it set to only record on motion?
No, it was set to record everything as well as notify with motion.

When I go to review, it has green over everything its recorded as well as notifying motion by highlighting the area in yellow.

Regardless, it should have recording everything.

The system also lags and freeze when I try to navigate around. Maybe this is common for all DVR/NVR?

I'm not sure but its almost useless if it skips over the vital information needed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help