atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Vintage Tech Mysterious Light - 03/25/07 07:12 PM
Hello...I'm experiencing a line light problem with a ITT 1A2 Key system. The line 3 light will extinguish after a call then come back on for a couple seconds then go out. I've checked line polarity and replaced the line card with no apparent relief. Also, I just got a call tinight from the client telling me that the same line light was showing a hold condition when no one had put it on hold. The CO line was also emitting the pulsating beep showing an off hook condition. There were no phone off the hook. A
ny ideas out there?

I know this is a lot to ask for a new member of this board, but I need help.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Mysterious Light - 03/25/07 07:19 PM
I've seen corrosion in an amphenol connector cause this issue. I'd look for amps laying on the floor that could have gotten wet at one time. Particularly where a janitor mop would have run over a connector.
Posted By: justbill Re: Mysterious Light - 03/25/07 07:48 PM
Good point it could be corrosion. You don't say how many sets you have, but disconnect half the A leads if the problem goes away connect a few, if not hook the ones you disconnect back up and disconnect the others to see if the problem clears. Take RBF's suggestion first just disconnect the amps at all phones if there is corrosion it will be evident, if it's still wet the amp will be warm to the touch.
Posted By: Vintage Tech Re: Mysterious Light - 03/26/07 11:50 AM
I replace the phone with one of the newer ITT phones with the LEDS. It seems to have solved the problem. The amps appear to be clean.

Thanks
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mysterious Light - 03/27/07 04:29 PM
"AND THERE WAS COLA ALL OVER THE PHONE" Just a guess, open the phone and take a look. John C.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mysterious Light - 03/27/07 04:36 PM
Oh, yeah. We had a cold-caller that smoked 2-3 packs a day. We had to hose out his 2830 set quarterly, with electronc circuit cleaner. NASTY! Take the cover off, stand the phone on the right end and spray the --- out of it! Yellow nasty stuff ran out all over the place. After the 1st time, we did it over the trash can filled with paper towel sheets. It would wok fine for 2-3 months, then hose it out again! He quit smoking after his 1 and only heart attack. John C.
Posted By: aswipay Re: Mysterious Light - 03/29/07 10:35 AM
Problems of this sort usually coincide with carpet cleaning or, in the case of an Indianapolis Kroger store, the meat cutters getting pissed at the manager and then hosing down the POS Comdial 35xx 5 button set that some idiot (the manager)decided was needed in a high humidity environment.
John C. I recently came across a few pictures from our old Comtronics days. The best is the one that I took while driving next to you in Leavenworth on Eisenhower near AFI. You are flipping me the bird while driving the silver Tercel. Those were the days man.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mysterious Light - 03/29/07 05:01 PM
I'm agast that you would imply such a thing! It was a Starlet and that would NOT have been me flippin' you the bird! smile If you have one of me in the cheerleader outfit from JS's party, destroy it now, please. John C.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Mysterious Light - 03/29/07 05:12 PM
aswipay..great name. One of my favorite Saturday Night Live skits. :rofl:
Posted By: KLD Re: Mysterious Light - 03/29/07 07:05 PM
Geez, I ate across the road from AFI on Eisenhower today. HMMMMMM!!!! You run with a rough crowd there.

Cheerleader outfit ???????

Boy, I've been working around prisons too long.

:rofl:

SNL for sure. aswipay welcome
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mysterious Light - 03/30/07 04:20 PM
KLD, we were working on a GTE OMNI (OMG) at AFI. They had one OMNI on Eisenhower and 1 OMNI on Fort Leavenworth. Linked with a T1. My very 1st T1. Didn't know a thing about it, but I was the 1 that figured out that the wiring inside the cabinet on the Fort was shorted! (Almost broke my arm, patting myself on the back!) Some idiot at the factory wire-wrapped the center conductor of the RX cable right on top of the outer braid. Discovered that about 2AM. Man was that a long night! Now he's in IN and I'm in NC. Go figure. And don't ask about the cheerleader outfit, I was the only 1 that could get into it, unfortunately. John C.
Posted By: aswipay Re: Mysterious Light - 04/02/07 12:40 PM
I remember that! I also remember that Fujitsu increased the clocking frequency of the cards which resulted in a power supply failure at the main site. The architecture was innovative, too! T-1 = 24 channels. Number of users at the Ft. Leavenworth offices = 24. Number of staff at said office = 24.
I happened across an old Omni S3 that was out of service in an old high school. The thing was powered down and had been for years. Poor thing looked like an abandoned puppy but there are some things my wife won`t EVEN let me bring home!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mysterious Light - 04/02/07 06:50 PM
I recall we only had 1 guy that had been to school, and he was lost, because the factory said 'we can make it do that' to every ? AFI asked. BUT they either couldn't or wouldn't! Man was I glad to find that job in Salina. They kept looking at me like I needed to take some books home and start reading. I already had my RAM jammed with all the different stuff they sold. And I've got some OLD Mitel stashed in the garage. 10/20/100/200, 1 of each, in operating condition! I'd kinda like to find a SUPER 10, but money is an awful thing to waste!
Posted By: aswipay Re: Mysterious Light - 04/03/07 07:41 AM
Remember all of those Residence Inn locations with the Mitel Sx 200 - 213 or 216 Generic/ Fast forward to 1987 and you find yours truly trying to pull his head out of his ass trying to remember how to add 877,888 toll free codes. I eventually figured it out. SX 50 is popular with the eastern indian innkeeper type around here too.
Yeah I remember poor old Terry D. sweatin it while Colonel Orondorf was reading the riot act. Yeah, at one time we were selling both sides of the TIE product line, the Thompson CSF Opus, ITT 701, 801 and their 1A2 line, Mitel, and any other derelict that someone was too cheap to replace. Those were the days.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mysterious Light - 04/03/07 04:48 PM
Maybe we need to take old home week off the board, I have a feeling that not everybody wants to hear/see more. But, speaking of Opus, ITT took it over, called it a 56/136 if I recall correctly and it was STILL the MOST user antagonistic system I ever dealt with! So, does anybody else have some stories to tell, or should we take this private and quit boring the rest of you'all. Man, I'm picking up that Southern talkin'. John C.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help