atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Matt1964 Selling - 08/19/11 05:28 AM
Hey all -

Well, the sad time has come to part with my 1A2 system... I'm not goint to just leave it in the house. I'd keep it, but it's doubtful I'll be buying another house anytime soon, if ever.

Moderators, apologies if this belongs in the for sale section.... I'll place the details of it there as soon as I can do an inventory.

In the meantime, I thought I'd post here in the event another enthusiast shows up who is struggling to put together a system.

As the regulars know, I have everything (and more) for a complete 1A2 system; complete with a few very hard to find items.

I'd prefer to sell the whole thing as a package, so if ya know anyone who might be in the market, please let me know. Price will be VERY reasonable, as I'm more interested in it going to a good home than I am making any money off of it.

I'll try to get a list of all the components in the for sale section in the next few days.

Thanks!
Matt
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Selling - 08/19/11 07:26 AM
Matt, do you still have any red keysets?
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/20/11 08:42 AM
Jeff,

Yes, I think I have 2. Lemme get the whole inventory listed, and if it's too much for any one person to buy (I can promise though, if that's the case it won't be because of the price), then I'll part it out.

Thanks
Matt
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/20/11 09:44 AM
Items listed in the for sale forum.

Thanks!
Matt
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Selling - 08/20/11 10:39 AM
This is a sad day indeed. Matt, I know that you put so much effort and energy into setting up your system.
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/20/11 10:59 AM
Yeah, I agree Ed. It's the only part of my house I'll miss. But.. it may lead to another 1A2 guru.... I've made lots of new friends and have had the time of my life with it.... time to pass it on to someone else who can appreciate all the attributes of a phone system that could survive a nuclear blast, manufactured in the days when American made meant quality, and the people who installed and supported the equipment actually gave a damn. Anyway, I don't know what the future holds for me, but I'd like to pass on my sincere thanks to you, Sam, Arthur and all the others who gave your time and energy to help me out with this system. Not to get too sloppy... but the whole thing has been like an adventure back into a time where people were honest, square dealing and friendly. Indeed, rare attributes to be found these days. I salute you all and wish you the best... I'm not going anywhere and will check in from time to time. Who knows.. there's a possibility I'll start it all over again... but right now, I'm sort of starting my whole life over again, and it has to be one step at a time.

Kudos to all of you....!

- Matt
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/20/11 11:21 AM
.. And special thanks to Ken for actually making a trip to my house and teaching me a few of the tricks of the trade in person!
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Selling - 08/20/11 03:24 PM
Sad to see, Matt. Wishing you all the best!
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/22/11 04:58 PM
OK folks,

New plan.

I've thought it over and decided that I'm going to part out the system - but here's the catch:

It's all free, save shipping costs.

So far, The spare KSU power supply is spoken for, as well as the 2 red phones, as well as the AllenTel, and I think the KSU is going to England. The black cuckoo clock is also spoken for.

I need to go through all my IM's and emails to sort out who got what, but save for the AllenTel, you can pretty much rest assured if you asked me for it, you're going to get it.

I figure giving it away to the folks on this forum is the least I can do after all ya'll have done for me, so NO ARGUMENTS!!!!

So, like I said, lemme go through my Emails, IM's and forum posts... I'll be in touch with those that have contacted me.

Thanks!
Matt
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Selling - 08/22/11 05:00 PM
Matt, it's not about the money. When we offer it, take the cash. Then we'll both feel better.

Carl
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/22/11 05:07 PM
Thanks Carl! But it's a gift, my way of saying thanks to all of you. It's just the way I roll.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Selling - 08/22/11 05:31 PM
Matt-
Can't send you a reply to your PM...inbox is full.
Thanks!!
JM
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/22/11 05:33 PM
All,

One small request - I've tried to reply to some IM's... but the recipients inbox is full... some people have defunct email addresses... so, to make this a bit easier on me, please send me an email via the board with your home address, your email, and the piece you are interested in.

Again, the AllenTel, 2 red phones, spare 1A2 power supply, black cuckoo clock, ring booster (There's the guy with the full IM box!) and (I think) the KSU are spoken for.

Thanks
Matt
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/22/11 05:34 PM
Sorry about that Jeff, you can get me at

morgan dot matthew at sbcglobal dot net.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Selling - 08/22/11 05:57 PM
I sent you an email through the board...let me know if you got it.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Selling - 08/22/11 06:52 PM
Class act Mr Matt! Hope the future brings you great opportunities and a renewed path. :toast: :bow:
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Selling - 08/29/11 04:51 PM
Thanks!!!

All, I owe you an update on this - I've still not pulled any equipment down. I know who gets what, but I generally pull a 12 hour day and by the time I get home I just don't have it in me to work on the 1A2 system, and weekends seem to always be consumed by something someone else needs. Rest assured it will happen, and all those I've promised items to WILL receive them. Please be patient with me as I try to eek out time to get this done. I'm going to MN this weekend, so .... well, you get the idea. I ask your patience....

Thanks much,
Matt
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Selling - 08/30/11 08:44 AM
Thanks for letting us know-

JM
Posted By: Silversam Re: Selling - 08/30/11 08:12 PM
No rush Matt. Do what you gotta do first.

We fools can wait.

Sam
Posted By: MnDave Re: Selling - 09/01/11 08:16 AM
Matt, just two things
1. Your PM mailbox is full
2. Are you coming to MN to eat our foods on a stick at the MN State Fair? It is in full swing now.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help