atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Delusive Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/20/06 08:22 AM
Last week Caller ID was working fine. This week, however, it isn't working properly. Before, when an outside call would come in, the ID would show the name and number. Now the ID says transfer from Line X. It no longer shows it as a number and name but as a transfer. Any advice?
Posted By: Winetech Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/20/06 10:25 AM
1-try to reboot the CID box
2- make sure they system is in ICID not RMP
3- is the cable plugged in/ has anyone made changes to the system
4-what type of system mtx,ltx,ctx
if that does not work you might have to replace them,
Posted By: Delusive Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/20/06 11:31 AM
I rebooted, but that's about all I know how to check or do. Don't know the cable you speak of or the mode it's in. Not certain of system type either.
Posted By: carnes Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/20/06 12:32 PM
From a display phone. Function #0 1 f2 0000 f2(save) hit next until you come to rmp hit show see if it says rmp or idclip only two choices. Make sure it says idclip.
Posted By: Delusive Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/20/06 01:18 PM
RS-232-1 USAGE
RS-232-1: ICLID
Posted By: Winetech Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/20/06 02:29 PM
on the CID box there is a data light. make a call in and see if it flashes. 4 or 8 port CID box and how many? the cable goes from the CID to the RMP port on the system(the top one) DB9
Posted By: Delusive Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/25/06 06:49 AM
Sorry, I don't know which one is the CID box. I went out there to the big Spint LTX (?) box and opened it. There where 8 boards in it with cables to those and lights flashing everywhere. That's the box I reset. It actually runs to what I call our phone and internet router, I reset this as well. Still no luck.
Posted By: Winetech Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/25/06 09:08 AM
CID is a white-ish box that is seperate. look for a db9 cable on card 1 CCB-48 of the LTX. follow that to another box that is the CID box. brand name is.. TCI MLX-xx if you have a LTX how many ATI cards do you have? and how many DEI- DDEI card? do you the rev. on the system? if you cannot find it PM me and i can call you
Posted By: Delusive Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/26/06 06:57 AM
OK. From the big box (LTX-8 cards in it) runs to MLX-82 with 8 ports. From that there is another that is MLX-41 with 2 ports.

Do I need to reset these as well? And should I reset all three, or in a certain sequence, etc?
Posted By: Winetech Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/26/06 09:50 AM
no just reset the mlx boxes. after make a call in. watch the mlx boxes for the data lite to flash if it does not you could have a mlx box that is out my guess is the 4 port box
Posted By: Delusive Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/26/06 10:51 AM
I reset the MLX boxes. Everything is working now. At least everything important (still doesn't go to voicemail if I dial an extionsion and the person doesn't answer...but that's OK).

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: Winetech Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/26/06 02:44 PM
do you have the rmp software, i can walk you thur the programming
Posted By: Delusive Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/27/06 05:15 AM
No I don't. This system was installed several years before I started here. Everyone seems to be happy with it again. If it ever messes up to where we need it re-programmed or replace parts...I'll just tell them we need a new system :p

Thanks again!
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/27/06 03:56 PM
Delusive,
Where are you located?

Walter
Posted By: Delusive Re: Sprint Protege and Caller ID - 04/28/06 05:19 AM
Tennessee

Apparently it didn't fix all our problems. Some people still call us, dial an extension, and get someone else. Our contact for wiring the Network/Phones has found someone who still works on these things, so I am going to have him come out and re-program it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help