atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mike Berry MWI Light won't go out! - 05/24/07 03:17 PM
We have an IPX 500 with a bunch of 120S handsets with one 280D station for the receptionist. We also have the uCMC VM cards. Well a while back the receptionist's message light started blinking and won't stop. I tried getting into the Admin's mailbox (5555), mailbox administration, 9 - reset mwi but it doesn't clear it. Also she has no VM. So we are stumped. Rebooting PBX &/or unplugging phone don't help. Ideas? Thanks in advance. mcb

What an odd design the PBX's are - not found in nature!!!
Posted By: Mike Berry Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 05/24/07 03:18 PM
Sorry, we have 120D handsets! Not an VOIP system. mcb
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 05/24/07 05:15 PM
Use the code #5 #10 on that handset.
Posted By: OCI Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 05/25/07 08:00 AM
Gotta offer this one to you because we corrected the EXACT same issue YESTERDAY for one of our a Coral clients running an IPX 500 with uCMC but with 280S + 280IP handsets.

The solution --> The MSG light at the receptionist did not come from the uCMC. It came from another user station that somehow sent a call back or transfer msg to the receptionist phone.

To resolve....from the receptionist phone (280s) you press the soft key under the MSG button on the LCD display, follow sub prompts on the screen to clear all messages. It will bring up the extension(s) that activated the MSG light. I think you press CLR or DEL when that extension name is displayed and the light should go out.

If your receptionist is running a 280D I am not sure at this moment how to bring up the MSG option on the display without soft keys. A possible work-around... temporarily exchange out one of those 120S handsets (with the soft buttons) to complete the task then replace the 280D.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Posted By: OCI Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 05/25/07 08:04 AM
Whoops. I missed the part about not having 120S handsets. Have an extra soft key phone in the shop you can take with you to the customer?

If this becomes a problem, contact me directly and I will search out a resolution for you using the flexsets without soft keys.
Posted By: Mike Berry Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 05/25/07 09:04 AM
This is fascinating! What one user emailed me as a suggestion was #175 then #10 to cancel which worked. We still don't know if it will come on again when we get VM but we will certainly see on Tuesday. The front desk person uses the "lower" part of the uCMC player to forward VM using the VM system and doesn't use outlook which just complicates matters.
Posted By: DigiPhoneMan Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 05/25/07 10:13 AM
Both the #175 and #5 are the same function. When you do the #5 or #175 it should display which user or phone turned on the message light. The #10 is just the cancel code.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 05/25/07 04:28 PM
I wouldn'r sweat it. Someone probably inadvertantly msg that phone from another phone. You can do that and that is a feature.
Posted By: wfordham Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 01/09/12 12:40 PM
Sorry to revive such an old thread. I need help with almost the same thing. A user hit the MSG button and then dialed the ext for a SLT (analog) line. It has a fax machine connected. Now that line has a message waiting dial tone and the fax machine says no dial tone. How can I clear the message on an SLT line?
Posted By: cheaptech Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 01/10/12 05:11 AM
it works the same. on the fax macine, go off hook and dial #175#10.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 01/10/12 06:28 AM
Depends, if that fax station is hot lined to the outside you will have to get a tech in to removed that hotline and then put the code on.
Posted By: wfordham Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 01/12/12 09:27 AM
Well, I got it to clear, but not as you said. When I dialed #175, it immediately started ringing some random extension. #10 was ignored. I had to do it a few times, with it calling a different extension each time. After a few calls, the distinctive dial tone was back to normal. The fax now works.
I have a conference room speakerphone that also has the dial tone indicating a message waiting. Is there any other suggestion other than calling random extensions until it's cleared?
Posted By: cheaptech Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 01/16/12 06:20 AM
I forgot about Hot Sta Immed. Sounds like it is not on if #175 is dialing random stations. Do the fax have to dial a 9 to send?
Posted By: wfordham Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 01/16/12 11:06 AM
Yes, they do need to dial 9 to access an outside line.
Posted By: cheaptech Re: MWI Light won't go out! - 01/17/12 06:32 AM
In rereading that, I doubt it was calling random extension. It sounds like it had multiple Messages setup. Hard to believe, but I've seen worse. Depending on your software version, ver 16 will let the programmer cancel message waiting, the only way I know of is to go to the phone and dial #175#10.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help