atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Avaya's Second Public Offering - 06/10/11 02:20 PM
Though the filing was technically done on the 7th, here\'s an article that just came out today. It covers Avaya's IPO (initial public offering, not IP Office) in a bit more detail.

The first time the company was bought from Lucent, it was picked up by a family who didn't seem to have a clear direction in mind. Investors picked it up and took it private again and have made great strides in ironing out the bologna and making it a strong company again. Now they want to cash out, which is understandable.

My crystal ball is a little foggy, which is why I can't help but wonder what will become of Avaya once it becomes fodder for public investors again.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Avaya's Second Public Offering - 06/10/11 03:44 PM
Over the years, it seems to me that privately held telecomm manufacturers seem to do better.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Avaya's Second Public Offering - 06/13/11 02:11 PM
My only concern is the company did well with management making decisions....what if it is a board making those same crap ass decisions of long ago??????
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Avaya's Second Public Offering - 06/13/11 02:19 PM
Hopefully a board would have a LITTLE more relation to the REAL world today. Remember, those guys had the 1A2 all debugged with NO competition for 40+ years. LIFE WAS GOOD, WHY CHANGE! smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help